What's new
What's new

Aciera square push buttons?

rklopp

Diamond
One of the push buttons on my Aciera F5 caved in yesterday. Anybody have recommendations for a replacement? I see lots of round switches, but am coming up empty on industrial square switches.

efe498c70fe64f920b21dc0425047bc2.jpg

a7f899f0a5b2c079a0cb1d852ab514ed.jpg

593f301304e2cbf361a4474b5f46ad61.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I go looking for a replacement switch for anything, I generally start at Digikey, as they have a wonderful parametric search. This most often links to datasheet or a manufacturer catalog, where you can see the dimensions and specs for the mounting, illumination, contacts etc. Even if you don't buy the component from Digikey, you'll know specifically what you're looking for after you've narrowed down through their search.

To find a good replacement, you'd want to know the action of the switch (momentary?), the voltage switched, the voltage of the illumination, dimensions of the actuator and the mounting arrangement and dimensions.
Often you'll find a manufacturer name or mark on the existing switch, and sometimes you can buy replacement parts for even old industrial components.

rklopp:

I think you need to remove the switch from the panel and measure the mounting hole dimensions. This will narrow the field considerably. Brands such as EAO, Baco, and Rafi have similar switches and are European companies - EAO is Swiss.

Regards,

DB

Its just cosmetic,yes? If it does not affect the function maybe mill out a window with a step to clean up the broken edges and glue in an appropriate piece of plastic.
Cheers Ross

I'll probably substitute a modern 30-mm pushbutton. The existing hole is 35-mm-diam, which is an oddball size nowadays, so I'll turn up an adapter ring. The hole is round and not square like the exterior, but there are two small screw holes on the diagonals outside the hole. Unlike 35-mm switches, which seem to unobtanium, the choice of 30-mm devices is almost too far in the other direction, with too many options - NO/NC, number of contacts, color, illumination, illumination voltage, contact rating, flush/protruding, IP sealing, ...

Ive got this new Schluter 19x19mm button if you'd like it. No green button, just blue but free! It is illuminated

Attachments

• schluter.jpg
    schluter.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 23
Just buy a switch you like and print up a nice intermediate bezel. If you don’t have one it will give you an excuse to get a nice SLA resin printer.

Back