What's new
What's new

After 10 years it runs again

Martin P

Titanium
After approx. 10 years sitting dormant in my small shop at home I now have my FP3NC running again.

The first error was no communication coming back from the CNC to the PC and the monitor remaining dark. This was a bad or non-compatible NPP55.
This allowed the CNC side to come up, but the machine would not start, even with all Bosch cards removed. I was stumped, but stumbled over a posting by Professor Emeritus Ross C., recommending to fill up the way oil tank.
This I would not have thought of.
Indeed the tank was at minimum, so I filled up. It then threw an FP02, which I could cancel and then it started up!
It does not yet want to shift and it turns the wrong way, that seems trivial. Right now its warming up.
Example of storage oddities: the cabinet fan was running even with door open because the contact switch was stuck in the closed position for so long, it got used to it and would not disengage.

It slept so long I feel like gently waking it.

On edit:
30 min later.
Damn, celebrated too early. Same problem again.

Martin
Nice to see you posting again. I look forward to more posts. I imagine there are all kinds of things that could be preventing the machine from starting up. Batteries, chips needing re-seating, sticky relays, bum capacitors causing power supply issues, etc., etc. It is a finite set of things, fortunately. Good luck!
RKlopp

Now its working again for the last 2 hours.
I switched the wires to get the right rotation.
I checked the gear motors and the reduction gear motor is not rotating, because the relay is not moving. I can shift it by moving the relay button until the corresponding LED turns on. Thats as far as I got today. I feel I accomplished something.
I also pushed the lube button a hundred times and when testing the tool clamp I dropped the tool that was in it.
I am starting from zero clearly.

I imagine there are all kinds of things that could be preventing the machine from starting up. Batteries, chips needing re-seating, sticky relays, bum capacitors causing power supply issues, etc., etc. It is a finite set of things, fortunately. Good luck!
Or in my case almost infinite on Dialog 11 where I reluctantly desoldered 400 IC legs* to find the culprit. :fight:

Re way oil tank levels.... that was the problem with a Maho MH400 I once owned where the actual error code hinted at nothing to do with way oil level.

-------------------------------------------------

*And soldered in 400 legs of IC sockets to receive the new IC's... i.e. 800 soldering "events"

Back