Anyone In Germany Willing To Help Purchase A Deckel Dividing Head?
Close
Login to Your Account
Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Toronto Canada
    Posts
    187
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    2
    Likes (Received)
    33

    Default Anyone In Germany Willing To Help Purchase A Deckel Dividing Head?

    Hi everyone. I would like to buy a SK40 Deckel Dividing Head for my FP2. Would anyone in Germany be willing to help with the transport to Canada? I would pay for your time.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Geilenkirchen, Germany
    Posts
    2,895
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1619
    Likes (Received)
    1528

    Default

    Perhaps I can help. What is your issue?
    Steve

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Toronto Canada
    Posts
    187
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    2
    Likes (Received)
    33

    Default

    I would like to buy this:

    Frasmaschiene Deckel fp1 / fp2 Teilapperat | eBay

    I used a google translator to communicate with the seller, he is willing to work with a freight forwarder. He doesn't speak or write english and I do not speak or write German so I am trying my best to communicate.
    I was wondering if anyone over Germany would broker the deal. I was hoping to find someone to handle the freight company and communicate with the seller. I would compensate you for your time.

    I asked him if he knew what taper in the dividing head and he had no idea. Is there a way of telling from pictures of the dividing head?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Geilenkirchen, Germany
    Posts
    2,895
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1619
    Likes (Received)
    1528

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Degull View Post
    I would like to buy this:

    Frasmaschiene Deckel fp1 / fp2 Teilapperat | eBay

    I used a google translator to communicate with the seller, he is willing to work with a freight forwarder. He doesn't speak or write english and I do not speak or write German so I am trying my best to communicate.
    I was wondering if anyone over Germany would broker the deal. I was hoping to find someone to handle the freight company and communicate with the seller. I would compensate you for your time.

    I asked him if he knew what taper in the dividing head and he had no idea. Is there a way of telling from pictures of the dividing head?
    Buying this will be a bit of a gamble. The seller in not a machinist. He has no idea how to use this. He doesn't even know if it is functional. He is selling it as defective. There is no guarantee. He does not want to ship it either. He wants it picked up by the buyer. These situations are all too common in Germany. He will not accept PayPal or credit card. He will accept cash or an internal (to Germany) bank transfer. Your agent will have to drive to where this is, pay cash and ship it to you. The seller will do none of this.

    If I was to be your agent, I would need travel costs and cash in hand up front. His place is an 8 hour drive one way from me. You can do your own arithmetic.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Toronto Canada
    Posts
    187
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    2
    Likes (Received)
    33

    Default

    This is exactly the type of advise I need! I could not read the listing so I had no idea he would only take cash.
    I am not in a hurry, I’ll keep an eye out for another dividing head and seller.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    GERMANY
    Posts
    3,650
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    2429
    Likes (Received)
    1464

    Default

    I'm rather busy at the moment so did not reply to your original posting. But I just had a look - if traffic is good the seller is less than an hours drive for me. So I can help out if you still want it. To me it looks in good shape, so not a bad deal.

    The head is an SK40 taper. You can tell that because the chuck backplate has 4 retaining screws that hold it on the dividing head. The MT4 dividing heads have a threaded spindle and those 4 retaining screws are not present.

  7. Likes neanderthal mach liked this post
  8. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    842
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    3
    Likes (Received)
    109

    Default

    I have one laying around for years, never used by me and most likely also not by the previous owner. I think I even still have the box it was orginal shipped in. If you are interested I have to dig it up to make pictures, I just have never shipped anything outside Europe.

  9. Likes ballen liked this post
  10. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Toronto Canada
    Posts
    187
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    2
    Likes (Received)
    33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kees View Post
    I have one laying around for years, never used by me and most likely also not by the previous owner. I think I even still have the box it was orginal shipped in. If you are interested I have to dig it up to make pictures, I just have never shipped anything outside Europe.
    I would be very interested! I sent you a private message.

  11. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Geilenkirchen, Germany
    Posts
    2,895
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1619
    Likes (Received)
    1528

    Default

    A small note: I occasionally mail stuff to the US via the Dutch Post Office. I received an email 3 weeks ago stating that all packages being sent to the US must be first applied for clearance on line through an App of the Dutch post office. They stated that all packages must have digital permission before they will be accepted by USPS. So check with the Dutch post office first before trying to send it.

  12. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,664
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    647
    Likes (Received)
    653

    Default

    OP is in Canada, not US.

    L7

  13. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Geilenkirchen, Germany
    Posts
    2,895
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1619
    Likes (Received)
    1528

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lucky7 View Post
    OP is in Canada, not US.

    L7
    My senior moment!

  14. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Toronto Canada
    Posts
    187
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    2
    Likes (Received)
    33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by steve-l View Post
    A small note: I occasionally mail stuff to the US via the Dutch Post Office. I received an email 3 weeks ago stating that all packages being sent to the US must be first applied for clearance on line through an App of the Dutch post office. They stated that all packages must have digital permission before they will be accepted by USPS. So check with the Dutch post office first before trying to send it.
    Good to know, most likely a sign of things to come everywhere.

  15. #13
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Country
    CANADA
    State/Province
    Quebec
    Posts
    235
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    232
    Likes (Received)
    74

    Default

    I bought an OZ462 collet chuck from Franz Singer around this time last month. It was shipped via DHL, which usually takes about 10 days to Montreal, Canada. Well, this time it went by sea, and it's been en-route for almost a full month now.

    If you look at Current information on the coronavirus | DHL, for Canada it says:

    Canada:
    Items (i.e., letters, small packages, Warenpost items and parcels) can generally be sent to Canada.
    Until further notice, parcels will be transported to Canada by ocean freight only due to very limited transport capacities. Customers should not specify "Premium" parcel service and expect significantly longer transit times.

  16. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,664
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    647
    Likes (Received)
    653

    Default

    Interesting info. Read thru DHL’s site. Summary is delayed transit to Canada from Europe but no problem other than slow. May be a problem to US (and definitely slow) and a crisis surcharge of 1.85 Euros per kg of package weight.

    I’ve only shipped parcels from US to Canada recently. In March wasn’t too bad for speed. Shipped in January took nine weeks...

    And now Canada is entering a third wave of covid. Gaaaah.

    L7

  17. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Country
    GERMANY
    Posts
    1,800
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    18
    Likes (Received)
    384

    Default

    All throughout Covid I had zero issues with getting shipments. Always 1 or 2 days within Germany. It seemed better than ever.

    I dont do much buying internationally, but I bought a 5€ sticker in France in February and I never got it.
    Then last week it suddenly arrived. Stamped in France on February 12, arrived 7 weeks later! So it did about 10km per day.

    It does seem that the bottleneck is any kind of border crossing, but only sometimes.

    I think the Heisenberg principle applies somehow.

  18. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Posts
    20,212
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    7561
    Likes (Received)
    12013

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Martin P View Post

    I think the Heisenberg principle applies somehow.
    Nah. Kinkey-fuckery without principles more likely.

    It is time, and past the, time we reduced shipping some of the damndest of physical goods, every direction, and just sold the CNC code online for local fab anyway.

    Chung Wah Telecom Engineers were berating me wee-hours of one morning that almost 100% of the gear in two 42U racks just in from the integrator in Silkeborg, Denmark had originated in Taiwanese factories within a few miles of the TELCO facility we were installing them into!

    Annnnnd .. Taiwan didn't NEED anywhere NEAR the $10,000 USD the Swiss charged for Earthquake-anchoring-ready rack cabinets, the Danes had built them into, either.

    Tawan's factories built them for Japan and other global users by the containerload!

    Where did we think the SWISS had bought the light-alloy forgings and extrusions for the lovely rack we were LOOKING at!

    Such sharp, pointy, questions WERE put to my client when I got back. He chased it up.

    From a German firm. All of it. For the Swiss. And for Denmark.

    Mind.. CEO was HKG based. COO & CFO, Denver, CO, USA.

    Lot of folks eating off just the transitions and monkey-motion overhead in command and supply-chains to claim.... "wait for it!"

    "We are a globally diversified company!"

    I'd call it "omnidirectionally klewless" rather, but WTH.

    I just went and found saner clients I didn't have to charge late payment fees to.


  19. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Salinas, CA USA
    Posts
    4,800
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    527
    Likes (Received)
    430

    Default

    My last order from Herr Singer took over two months to transit the Atlantic, and it was only about 1/2kg.

  20. #18
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Country
    CANADA
    State/Province
    Quebec
    Posts
    235
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    232
    Likes (Received)
    74

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sigurasg View Post
    I bought an OZ462 collet chuck from Franz Singer around this time last month. It was shipped via DHL, which usually takes about 10 days to Montreal, Canada. Well, this time it went by sea, and it's been en-route for almost a full month now.
    Not to hijack this thread, but it looks like my parcel just cleared the Atlantic ocean cruise. It was posted on March 5th, and it's taken until April 9th to do the crossing. Just a few more days for customs and Canada Post to complete the delivery now, I hope.

  21. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Benicia California USA
    Posts
    8,773
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    2309
    Likes (Received)
    3190

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sigurasg View Post
    Not to hijack this thread, but it looks like my parcel just cleared the Atlantic ocean cruise. It was posted on March 5th, and it's taken until April 9th to do the crossing. Just a few more days for customs and Canada Post to complete the delivery now, I hope.

    Wow...hope you did not have a part on the machine waiting for that tooling in order to complete a job....
    Cheers Ross

  22. #20
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Country
    CANADA
    State/Province
    Quebec
    Posts
    235
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    232
    Likes (Received)
    74

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlfaGTA View Post
    Wow...hope you did not have a part on the machine waiting for that tooling in order to complete a job....
    Naw, nothing of any urgency happens in my basement hobby shop . Also it was my own damn fault to use DHL rather than UPS to save EUR20.

  23. Likes ballen liked this post

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •