Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Assessing a K&T 215 S-12

I'm looking for my first mill and have decided on a horizontal/vertical machine with a ram. I found a K&T 205 with a dealer in Ohio. Unfortunately, there's no way for me to inspect the machine prior to purchase. The dealer has recorded two videos of the machine. If anyone has a few minutes to take a look at provide some feedback, I'd really appreciate it. I'm picking up an odd noise from the vertical head, but I'm not sure what's typical on a machine like this.

Dealer listing:
    Kearney & Trecker - Horizontal Mill With | Industrial Assets Machinery

Machine videos:
    Kearney & Trecker - Horizontal Mill With Vertical Independent Overarm | 12" x 56"Stock #6595P - YouTube
    Kearney & Trecker - Horizontal Mill W/ Vertical Independant Motorized Overarm- 12" x 56" Stock#6595P - YouTube

Thanks!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by pbunt911 View Post
    I'm looking for my first mill and have decided on a horizontal/vertical machine with a ram. I found a K&T 205 with a dealer in Ohio. Unfortunately, there's no way for me to inspect the machine prior to purchase. The dealer has recorded two videos of the machine. If anyone has a few minutes to take a look at provide some feedback, I'd really appreciate it. I'm picking up an odd noise from the vertical head, but I'm not sure what's typical on a machine like this.

Dealer listing:
    Kearney & Trecker - Horizontal Mill With | Industrial Assets Machinery

Machine videos:
    Kearney & Trecker - Horizontal Mill With Vertical Independent Overarm | 12" x 56"Stock #6595P - YouTube
    Kearney & Trecker - Horizontal Mill W/ Vertical Independant Motorized Overarm- 12" x 56" Stock#6595P - YouTube

Thanks!!
    You should post this in the K&T forum.....

https://www.practicalmachinist.com/v...sa-heavy-iron/

Kevin