What's new
What's new

Can anyone identify the manufacturer or brand (probably European) of these switches?

ballen

Diamond
I need to add an additional control switch to my 1960s-era Studer grinder (power on/off for an internal grinding spindle). I'd like to match the existing style if possible. Can anyone identify the manufacturer or brand of these switches? All I really need is the red bakelite or plastic lever, since I could easily fit that to a modern switch

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Can't help with manufacturer, but as a last resort it looks like a 3D printable part? You could leave a channel in the underside for a piece of rod to epoxy in to add strength.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Can't help with manufacturer, but as a last resort it looks like a 3D printable part? You could leave a channel in the underside for a piece of rod to epoxy in to add strength.

Thanks, but that's the last resort. I am hoping that someone here will recognise them, or might even have one in their box of castoff bits.

I've gotten one PM from another member here, who says that the switch might come from Ghielmetti AG.

Last edited:
I'd say without a doubt they are Ghielmetti switches. I've also seen them on Schaublin machines. The "G" logo on the handle is the giveaway. I've noticed that Swiss machine tool builders tend to buy components from other companies that are not only Swiss, but also nearby. Studer in Steffisburg and Ghielmetti is in Biberist, only 60km away. Practically in the same Canton.

I'd say without a doubt they are Ghielmetti switches. I've also seen them on Schaublin machines. The "G" logo on the handle is the giveaway. I've noticed that Swiss machine tool builders tend to buy components from other companies that are not only Swiss, but also nearby. Studer in Steffisburg and Ghielmetti is in Biberist, only 60km away. Practically in the same Canton.

You are correct on all points, see here:
Can anyone identify the manufacturer or brand of these switches?

Back