What's new
What's new

Correa F3UA Universal

markp

Hot Rolled
I picked up a Correa F3UA #50 taper universal mill today. Everything works, all the parts are there, and seems very little used. Anyone own a manual Correa? Does the factory respond to peons asking about their older machines? What Im looking for is a manual so I can do the basic maintenance. Thx

Attachments

• correa.jpg
    correa.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 329
  • correa2.jpg
    correa2.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 260
Well, the nice people at Correa sent me a user manual and an electrical schematic today. More like a maintenance manual with procedures for adjusting gear backlash and the clutch pack as well as replacing clutch plates. Machine was made in 1967. No info on the U3 head that they could find. Its grease only as theres no drain plugs, just a lot of grease fittings. I guess you just pull the two halves apart to wash the old grease out? Any suggestions on a type of grease? Its only a 1700 rpm spindle so I guess anything other than the white lithium should be ok.

Dont see much evidence of US Correa owners out there but if anyone needs the manuals, Ill send them along.

Machine is up and running. No real problems. Nice medium duty universal. All the gears I could see in the head and feed box through the access plate ports were intact with minimal wear. This is a mechanical machine with one electromagnetic clutch to control feed drive/rapids and stops.

The grease vertical head was very well greased, had about 2 cups of grease in the bottom of the casting! This was heating up the lower bearing. Also too much bearing clearance on the timken roller bearings. Once cleaned and the correct amount of grease injected (just NLG 2, max rpm only 1750) and after few tries on preload it runs slightly warm and is tight.

Maybe because the lower bearing is 5" plus dia so preload seems loose on a bigger bearing but still ends up with no deflection?

One question I had for any Correa owners is the knee to base assembly for the Z axis screw. Its not the same as my manual. See photo.

I filled up the front tower in the photo to the fill line with recommended oil(AW46). Is this cylinder a dashpot to control knee down speed? Oil seems to weep out the top of that rod when you go through a few up and down cycles. Tower reservoir was dry when I received the machine.

Attachments

• corread.jpg
    corread.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 229
  • corread2.jpg
    corread2.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 143
Manual

Well, the nice people at Correa sent me a user manual and an electrical schematic today. More like a maintenance manual with procedures for adjusting gear backlash and the clutch pack as well as replacing clutch plates. Machine was made in 1967. No info on the U3 head that they could find. Its grease only as theres no drain plugs, just a lot of grease fittings. I guess you just pull the two halves apart to wash the old grease out? Any suggestions on a type of grease? Its only a 1700 rpm spindle so I guess anything other than the white lithium should be ok.

Dont see much evidence of US Correa owners out there but if anyone needs the manuals, Ill send them along.

Hi Mark
Are you still able to send a copy of that manual.
My email [email protected]
Thank you

Back