What's new
What's new

Couple of FP$MAs being used by Superb Industries

Wow...the Deckels appear so nice they must have bought them new. Interesting with many other machines they didn't go for the best but rather mid range.. like a Doosan VMC rather than a Toyoda or Makino for example....and a Chevalier surface grinder, rather than an ELB or Okamoto...

Thanks for posting the link. That is an odd mix of machines. The guy taking the tour comments about seeing Deckel mills in museums rather than industry. What museums can you see Deckels in? Might be an interesting place to go.

I don't see any MPG wheels, so have to drive manually with the cranks. If the ratios and feel act anything like the cranks on my FP2NC, then yuck!

Thanks for posting the link. That is an odd mix of machines. The guy taking the tour comments about seeing Deckel mills in museums rather than industry. What museums can you see Deckels in? Might be an interesting place to go.

Hi Deckeleers,

Andy, there are some ancient Deckels on display at the Deutches Museum in Munich well worth a visit.

On your side of the pond, the place to go is a quaint old car workshop at Corte Madera CA. There are a collection of ancient Deckels there looked after by an old pensioner. If he is awake, he will be pleased to show you around but don`t forget to slip him a couple of bucks.

Alan

Andy, there are some ancient Deckels on display at the Deutsches Museum in Munich well worth a visit.
Almost gave up searching on my original Slo-Syn adaption post but now give up on this one and will repeat.

Deckel's product were Compur camera shutters. To make the punches for the Iris leaves they needed better equipment than what was available prior to WWI.
Their toolroom cobbled together a horizontal spindle and a vertical index head, mounted on the apron, no table, to mill those punches and called it a Fräsmaschine Patrizen ( Punch Milling machine ).

FP_1919.jpg

Side bar.
Since the machine was a horizontal mill (even in the late '70s we had to order the vertical head as an optional attachment), the in-and -out movement id the Z axis.
Only when Deckel started to supply NC machine, where the vertical head was standard, did they designate the vertical axis as Z.

Back