What's new
What's new

Deckel 11, milling head not in base position

Vitran

Aluminum
Deckel fp50cc/t. 2207: Milling head not in base position. I can't get it to start. Turning it on had a whole host of errors which I solved by restarting the plc.

After my success with getting my Hardinge lathe converted to Linux CNC I am going to change this mill over. I never had the tool changer working on the machine. All I need to control is hydraulics, pneumatics, lubricants, spindle, spindle gearboxes, and axis. I feel I can handle that. If that works I will move onto the horizontal spindle and, if I am crazy, the tool changer.

I rebuilt a Hardinge Superslant, but I don't have SOP information

What I would like are: any copies of the ladder logic code for a dialog 11 or diagrams of how the spindle speed controller works or how to solve a milling head not in base position?

Last edited:
To fix:

Go to service window and use the password DIALOG. Go to Milling Head. Activate Milling Head Lock and Spindle Clamp Release. Press the Go button to trigger the command.

I also tried Milling Head Lock Release and Milling Head To Horizontal, but that did not shift it I could hear that some valve was triggered, but the machine did not move. I also tried it with the spindle clamp triggered. I don't know how to go to horizontal yet. I wonder if it is really stuck in vertical. I may try again going to verical with the EStop triggered as well as I was mentioned that last time.

Back