What's new
What's new

Deckel-40-taper-to-no-4-morse-taper?

These are quite common from german manufacturers such as Haimer, Dormer-Pramet, etc....your other requirement "reasonable prices" might be more difficult....

The adapter Ballen wants is not ment for drills or other tools with a shank but for holding MT4 tooling without a shank and with the same S20x2 threading that pulls the tool tight as the Deckel Iso 40 taper
The ones you mention are for tooling with a shank

Peter

Hi Peter,

The adapter Ballen wants...

Ross is right, some confusion here. It is bsg (Kevin) who is looking for four of these adaptors. I own a couple of them, one mounted on my Wohlhaupter UPA3 (which was originally made with a Deckel MK4 S20x2 taper) and one spare, just in case. No need for more.

FWIW, I have bought a handful of parts from the vendor (RC-Machines) that I linked to. No complaints, the price and quality were both good.

Anyway, Peter, thanks for the kind offer, I did not realize that it was intended for me, I thought it was meant for the OP.

Cheers, Bruce

Last edited:
. I own a couple of them, one mounted on my Wohlhaupter UPA3 (which was originally made with a Deckel MK4 S20x2 taper) and one spare,
Cheers, Bruce

FYI Deckel only supplied the #4 Morse fitted boring heads even if purchased for the 40 taper machines...If bought for an FP2 or 3 the boring head was supplied with the above mentioned adapter sleeve.
Like Bruce i have a UPA3 with the Morse shank and the adapter....Been mounted that way so long that i doubt that one could separate the adapter without destroying it...
Cheers Ross

I have a UPA3 with the Morse shank and the adapter....Been mounted that way so long that i doubt that one could separate the adapter without destroying it...

When I first got my machine I was curious to see if the SK40 adaptor shell could be removed from the MT4 taper on the UPA3. So I made an aluminium support piece and gave the S20x2 end a good whack with a copper hammer. It popped right out. So while MT tapers can lock up to the point of being welded together, I suspect that these adaptors are so thin and flexible that it's not an issue for them.

Standard arbors for Deckel are so cheap, that I'd rather sell the 4MT ones and buy some new, shiny SK40 arbors.
And I'd ask w-tool first of all. I bought my Weldon holders off him.

Cheers
Erik

Thanks everyone for the help!
I sent an email to RC-Machines about their adapters, just waiting for a response.....

Peter, how many of these adapters do you have available?

Kevin

Hi Bruce.

Yes, many Wohlhaupter boring heads were fitted with the SK40 sleeve.

I'll make allowances for that - but only for those special items - not standard arbors (LOL).

I was so lucky I found one with a detachable SK40 S20x2 arbor.... But of course it wasn't as cheap.

Cheers
Erik

Think the 40 arbor with the 20x2.0 setup came later...maybe by the issue of the FP3...don't know, then of course there is
the latter "Wally" heads that have the interchangeable shanks and you can purchase a brand new 40 taper having the 20x2.0 arbor for the removable shank heads....
Cheers Ross

Back