What's new
What's new

Deckel and Alexander collets..are they the same

aboard_epsilon

Titanium
Are the collets for the Deckel gk-21 the same as the Alexander 3a.
I'm asking this because a guy is asking in my group the avalability of Alexander 3a collets.......
I'm thinking that the Deckel gk-21.. was made in larger numbers than the Alex 3a ...therefor ..he may be better off tring to find Deckel collets in his search.
Thanks ....mark

When I ordered collets several years ago for my GK-21 from Deckel or maybe Maho, they wanted to know the overall length. Apparently there are two different length collets. I have two spindles for my machine, both using the same size collets. I measured the overall length of collets in my rack, and found dimensions from 0.935 to 0.946 inch. The end that goes through the spindle collet clamping nut is finished variably from collet to collet, which probably accounts for the length differences. My GK-21 bears serial number 7170. Is "your group" a pantograph site? If so, please supply details. Jim Williams

Mark, My description of the variable protusion was confusing. I should have said that the overall length of my collets was around 0.940 inch. The "other" size collets are significantly different in length and diameter so that they are not interchangable with mine. One, but not the other, may fit the Alexander. Jim

[This message has been edited by Jim Williams (edited 12-16-2003).]

So what you are saying ..
Is that you have both Alexander-3A and the Deckel-GK-21 machines.
and if you take the collet out of the Deckel,it will not fit your Alexander Deckel-clone (3A)
I'm not talking "other" Alexanders here ,I'm talking Alexander-3a which is a clone of the deckel-gk-21
all the best..mark

Back