What's new
What's new

Deckel benchtop mill ?

drcoelho

Stainless
I've attached two photos from a shop owned by Rich Rohart in the UK:

shopfrnt.jpgshopback.jpg

Note the Deckel like mill that seems to be benchtop size. Does anyone know what this machine is?

That's a Centec 2a. I sold mine when I got my deckels as it was redundant. Good little machine for model makers but very easy to come up against it's limitations!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Drcoelho, you can't really see the details in the pics you posted, but Centecs are not like the Deckel/Aciera/Sixis Euro concept. Centecs are just a standard, altho small, knee mill. Not as rigid or versatile.

L7

Drcoelho, you can't really see the details in the pics you posted, but Centecs are not like the Deckel/Aciera/Sixis Euro concept. Centecs are just a standard, altho small, knee mill. Not as rigid or versatile.

L7

Ya, I get your point. I was thrown off by the rounded head that is similar in shape to the Deckel. I'm not intending on getting a Centec, but was just curious about it when I saw the shop photos.

Another amusing factoid: have helped friends move both a Centec (with a vertical head like the pics above) and an older lever type Deckel FP1. The FP1 had a smaller footprint but was significantly heavier. Haven't machined parts on either, but did drink the reward beer :-)

My Deckel FP2 I'd rate as significantly more rigid than my B-port...

L7

I'm anxiously awaiting arrival of my new FPS 300 M (Deckel FP1 clone) from germany...hoping to start making chips SOON !!

Yes, the motor is in the stand, there were a lot of bench ones though with the motor on a bracket on the right hand side.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

@drcoelho - did you order one new? hopefully you will make a thread about the import process (and how the machine works out...)

I ordered the new FPS 300M late last year, 10 month build time, should receive it in early August. FPS taking care of all the shipping details, pretty simple process. I will post photos and results.
I also have on order a Weiler Praktikant lathe from germany, already in USA ready for delivery.
And I recently ordered a Brother Speedio.
That's all I can fit in my shop.

Back