What's new
What's new

Deckel Clone max length Horzontal Arbor ?

dazz

Stainless
Hi
I FUS 22 clone. I am trying to find a suitable horizontal arbor for it.
I don't know what the max length could be. The manual is unhelpful. It does list a 5 inch arbor as an option, but it doesn't say the max length the machine can run.

I have found a 8 inch arbor on e-bay that would be OK if the FUS 22 will run it.

Although the FUS 22 is a clone, and because it is a clone, can anyone give some advice on how I might figure out the max length of arbor this machine will run? I am assuming there is some mechanical feature that limits the arbor length common to the FUS 22 and the genuine Deckel.
IMG_9021a.jpg

Move the overarm out to full forward extension. Account for the thickness of the arbor support bracket.
Measure from the face of a tool in the Horizontal spindle, to where the arbor support is/will be.

Shop.

Am guessing that you do not have a dedicated horizontal arbor support with the mill, else the length would be fairly obvious, no?

If you wished, you could extend an arbor across the room. But it would flex like a spaghetti noodle, out at the far reaches.

The machine you have, does not limit the length of the arbor, the ability to support it adequately for the work you need it to do, does.

IIRC user AlphaGT, here on the site does some pretty amazing setups on old car engines, where he has some very sketchy looking set-ups, that serve him well, and do what he needs them to.

Move the overarm out to full forward extension. Account for the thickness of the arbor support bracket.
Measure from the face of a tool in the Horizontal spindle, to where the arbor support is/will be.

Shop.

Am guessing that you do not have a dedicated horizontal arbor support with the mill, else the length would be fairly obvious, no?

If you wished, you could extend an arbor across the room. But it would flex like a spaghetti noodle, out at the far reaches.

The machine you have, does not limit the length of the arbor, the ability to support it adequately for the work you need it to do, does.

IIRC user AlphaGT, here on the site does some pretty amazing setups on old car engines, where he has some very sketchy looking set-ups, that serve him well, and do what he needs them to.

I do have the arbor support bracket that fits on the end of the arm. What is not clear is how far out the arm can be moved out.
The manual is missing the key information.

Dazz

Back