What's new
What's new

DECKEL factory drawing

DJ2

Aluminum
I looks like Deckel factory drawings turn up once in a while, see this German Ebay listing. It appears to be an assembly drawing for a vise (I think I have this one!). Interesting,it is dated October, 1940 and signed off in 1944, I would have thought German manufacturing had other things to do at that time than design vises.

Attachments

• Deckel dwg1.jpg
    Deckel dwg1.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 187
  • Deckel dwg2.jpg
    Deckel dwg2.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 241
I looks like Deckel factory drawings turn up once in a while, see this German Ebay listing. It appears to be an assembly drawing for a vise (I think I have this one!). Interesting,it is dated October, 1940 and signed off in 1944, I would have thought German manufacturing had other things to do at that time than design vises.

Hi Deckeleers,

dj2, I don`t think that the 1944 date stamp is for signing off the design but is a contractual document for an order for some vices.

I`ve already downloaded this assembly drawing for the vice. I have one of these vices myself in rather bad condition that I intend to refurbish and this drawing will come in useful.

Deckel Vice.jpg

Herewith a full sheet view of the vice drawing.

There are several drawings being sold by two different sources at ridiculous prices on German Ebay within the last few days, they are mostly assembly drawings of little use but there were two information sheets that showed the spindle set up for the FP1 & 2 that were instructive which i`ve added below.

Deckel DRG 2.jpg Deckel DRG 3.jpg

Above the information sheet for the FP1/2 assembly drawing for the Morse taper spindle adapters

Deckel DRG 6.jpg

Above the second sheet.

There was also a cross section through the X axis assembly but I can`t see whether this is FP1 or FP2 as it is barely readable which i`ve added below.

Deckel DRG 7.jpg

Alan

SORRY FOR THE SIZE OF THE SNIPS BUT ON MY COMPUTER THEY ARE LARGE ENOUGH TO READ AND ABLE TO BE MADE A LARGER SIZE! I DON`T KNOW WHY THEY COME OUT DIFFERENTLY ON THE WEBSITE; PERHAPS SOMEONE COULD ENLIGHTEN US?

perhaps due to the pictures being oversize (for web purposes), there is a script on PM forum side that automatically reduces them to some predetermined "safe" size - this is what we see

you could make a copy of the files on your PC and then resize those copies to say 1200x1000 pix size and try reposting them, see if that helps

Back