What's new
What's new

Deckel FP from 20'es found....

I'm a meber of the CNC-Ecke.
The current owner of the Deckel intended to use here. I suggested him to sell here and buy a useful mill from the money. ;)

When I once visited DMG near Munich, they had one at display in the entry hall. I was told that only two of them exist. That might be exaggerated, but at least, a rare item.

Nick

Particularly interesting to note the swivel head design, clearly not something that made it into the later generations of FPx machines. On the other hand it is neat to see how much of the original design *did* get carried forward, all the way to the final generation. Glad that the little "pod" for the vise was replaced by a full table though!

--Larry

That is a really interesting design choice to supply the feed power via a driveshaft with cardan joints independently of the belted spindle drive. I wonder why.
s-l1600.jpgs-l1600 (1).jpgs-l1600 (2).jpgs-l1600 (3).jpgs-l1600 (4).jpg

That is a really interesting design choice to supply the feed power via a driveshaft with cardan joints independently of the belted spindle drive. I wonder why.
View attachment 243639View attachment 243640View attachment 243641View attachment 243642View attachment 243643

There is no power feed on this machine, the cardan joint connects the handle for speed selection located on the left side of the main column to the overhead transmission: Deckel FP1 1920s Photo Essay
Joerg

Very interesting but there seems to be quite a few around in different formats.
This link is my Deckel the grey one at the bottom. The motor sits above the overarm making it self contained. Machine no. 3006.
Deckel FP1 1920s Photo Essay

MBB
http://www.lathes.co.uk/deckel-early/img3.jpg
Interesting that machine has both a Deckel and a Alexander name plate on it. People say Alexander was sanctioned by Deckel, I wasn't ever ready to buy that but this is about as close to proof and it looks like it goes way back in time. Now it makes me wonder what the whole story is, when, why and how it came about.
This all comes from a guy that has had several Deckel machines and a Japanese made copy of an FP1
Dan

I am the new owner of Deckel FP(0) no 3008 shown on the lathes.co.uk page malbenbut owned. Just learning about it. I wish to preserve and hopefully use a liece of history. I would like to find out more about the missing spindle nose ring and collects (possibly 16mm collects). Did an alternative spindle nose ring have drive dogs for the mandrel?

If you are talking about the same 16mm collets that made it onto the early Deckel high-speed head, they are a 16mm Lorch design, I believe a drawing was posted in this Forum a while ago. So no need to buy one to see if it fits. Nice mill!

Back