What's new
What's new

Deckel FP 5NC - Initialising issues

mouldmaker-13

Plastic
Hello all.
Some time ago, I was lucky to be offered a Deckel FP 5NC machine that had been transferred over from Germany.
The machine ended up in Scotland and just sat and collected dust in a factory for about 4 years.
After taking it to my shop, cleaning it up and connecting power to it, this Deckel just can't seem to get up and running.
Initially it had the BA00 30 : BA16 Error.
I replaced all the backup batteries as per Deckel instructions and still got the same error.
I have now managed to get past the first error screen, but now I just have a blue screen that just shows a error of No Signal.
Any ideas?
Much appreciate any help on this.

Last edited:
Hello all.
Some time ago, I was lucky to be offered a Deckel FP 5NC machine that had been transferred over from Germany.
The machine ended up in Scotland and just sat and collected dust in a factory for about 4 years.
After taking it to my shop, cleaning it up and connecting power to it, this Deckel just can't seem to get up and running.
Initially it had the BA00 30 : BA16 Error.
I replaced all the backup batteries as per Deckel instructions and still got the same error.
I have now managed to get past the first error screen, but now I just have a blue screen that just shows a error of No Signal.
Any ideas?
Much appreciate any help on this.

Hi,
sounds as if your machine has a tft which doesnt get a signal.
If you restart your machine, does the tft come back to life?
What happens , if you put the nrp53 card in Test picture mode (DIpswitch SW1.3 i think)
Can you post a picture of the tft from the inside?

Regards Michael

Hi Michael.
Thanks for the reply.
If I power down and then restart, the screen still shows the blue screen with no signal.
I could try the test picture mode tomorrow and see what happens.
You think that it is dipswitch SW1.3 on the NRP board?
Unfortunately, the only information that I have on this machine is all in German.

Which control do you have on your FP5?
Are you re-booting the software when you get the BA error?
On the FP4NC Dialog4 machines there is a BNC connector on the bottom of the operators console- you can plug a TV into it-if your video card is functional it will display.

If you have your control open, please check, if all LEDs on the nsv56 are on. (Take a photo)
The power for the tft usualy comes from the nsv56, there for i please you to take a photo of the tft and the connections to it.
If all LEDs on the NSV56 are on the next step is, to set switch S1.3 of the NRP53 to the other side and check if the testpicture shows up.
Should the testpicture show up, there is a problem with your NCR53 card.nrp53-s1-3.jpg

Does the LEDs inside the cabinet (NSV90 and NPP90 i think have a constant status? how is it?
nsv90-npp90-led.jpg

Regards Michael

My control on the FP5 is the Dialog 4 controller.

Hello Michael.
On the NSV card, I only get 2 of the LED lights on. They are the ones on the left side of the board closest to the 2 Fuse holders. The 4 lights that are in a cluster on the right hand side of the board are not on.

Okay, Please try the following: put the Nsv56 out and only connect the 8pole connector.
Then switch on the Maschine and take a Look If the 4 LED in a Cluster come On.
If Not the Nsv56 is Bad. Otherwise there Would be a defekt card which pulls down the other voltages.
I think it Would end With a Bad Nsv56.
can you get another one anywhere to test it?
Sorry for my Englisch and the autocorrection
To some German words.
Stay healthy

Ok, Michael.
Thanks for the advice.
I have taken out the NSV Card and only connected the 8 pole connector.
The lights that come on are still the 2 single lights closest to the fuse holders. The 4 lights in a cluster do not come on.
Is there anywhere you could suggest where I could get a spare NSV card to try out?
Unfortunately I do not have anyone close by that has anything like that.

Yes the fuses are okay , otherwise the LED beneath the fuseholder would stay dark.
There are fuses inside the "black housing" which are under function, and there are spare fuses in open sockets.
Regards Michael

Back