What's new
What's new

Deckel fp1 aktiv - 1986

Lars Anthony

Plastic
Hey I have just found a fp1 aktiv for sale. Is there something to look out for.... or is just to buy if the price is right.

If we focus only on the specific features of the FP1 Aktiv, there are a few things that come to mind :

Look for excessive noise at full speed.
Those aktiv machines have a small gear train just behind the vertical head, in a place where lubrication is... less than optimal.
Nothing to worry about from a reliability standpoint but in the long run, the poor lubrication can lead to wear on these gears.
The result is noise at higher speeds and you'll have to live with it, unless you accept to replace the culprits (read : $$)

If you plan on using the aktiv feature, make sure the TNC counter works properly.
You'll have either a TNC111 or a 113, depending upon the manufacturing year of the machine.
The 111 I've had has been a permanent source of trouble. Never had any problem with the 113s, wich is the type of counter a 1986 machine should have).
Those units can be sent out to be repaired very easily, but at a cost (ca 6/800 euros for a swap with a working unit).
The good news is those machines can work with a "normal" Heidenhain counter, but then you loose the aktiv feature.

The DC drive can be troublesome too. I've had a toasted board once.
Options for repair or replacement are here but once again, at a cost (especially if you're not an electronics guru).

For the rest, the recommandations would be the same as for an older FP1 : above all, check the condition of spindle bearings.

And YES : if the price is right, BUY IT !

If the price is right buy it Buy it

The FP2 active come in a 2 axes version and a 3 axes version
Price is in the same ratio or even less for a 2 axes
The 3 axes powerfeed machines has a value dispite condition
Tell me the price and I let you know if you can buy the machine unseen

Peter

The price is 2000€ and all should work. I have and "old" fp1... but I think I will buy if it's work. And then put my maho mh 400p. Up for sale instead(I don't have the tnc unit for it, so it can't run).

Okay... then I better hurry up... see if I have time tomorrow to look at it.... and then I will get back....

Take a day off.
Take a week off if need be !
Unless your wage is really interesting or the machine is really trashed, it will be more than worthy in the end.

take the 2k with you, else someone else might get there while you search for the closest ATM :)

Will do.... was there some standard tooling with when it was sold as new... just so I know if I have to look for it or is extra lucky....

Don't waste time overthinking it. Everything green (RAL6011) or grey hammertone : take it ! ;)

The sole accessories delivered as really standard with the machie were probably the overarm and a black plastic cover that comes on the ram when the vertical head is slid back.

I bought it.... talked to the guy who bought from new and it was running until a 1 year age but hasn't been used since....I couldn't test it was put in a corner but took the guy word that it worked... so now I just need to find time to get it home.. and the I will post some more pictures of it and see what tooling I get with it...

Back