What's new
What's new

Deckel fp1 Aktiv - missing feed

Lars Anthony

Plastic
today i started my "new" fp1 aktiv up, but can't get the feed to work.
and when i push the buttons and the stick there are not light in the button's either for the feed.
the heidenhain dro works.

Haha... I've used it today just to try it... and must say it works way better than my old fp1... just missing the feed... but that will come... so its stay in my shop.... but thanks for the offer

First, when you turn on the machine on, press the lower left and right buttons in the lower right corner of the counter (see pic below)
This will enlight the the "manual" and "zigzag" lights on the TNC113 and sort of enable the feed motor for work in manual mode.

Then to switch the feed motor "on", make sure to press the white AND blue buttons (at the bottom of the controls console) together.

IMG_5097.jpg

This should solve your feed "problem".

You don't help us to help you much...

What did you try exactly ? Pushing the two buttons at the same time to switch the feed motor on ?
Did you enable the manual mode on the counter first ? Can you confirm that the "man" and the "zigzag" lights were on ?
Did the spindle motor function (sometimes, it can be simple as forgetting an emergency stop pressed...) ?

If so, the machine may have a problem. Here's what I'd do in your shoes :

1. Check the aktiv cable is correctly plugged on the TNC113 (big socket in the upper left corner at the back of the counter)
  2. Check the wires of the drive of the feed motor are properly tightened and the boards are correctly seated (IIRC, the drive consists in two main boards mounted on the inner side of the electrical cabinet door, and then yet two smaller boards mounted on the second main board - One of these small boards was defective on the first aktiv machine I bought, and I had to replace it to get the feed motor to function again)
  3. Make sure the sockets of the cables harnesses (there are two of them) that plug in the electrical cahinet are properly seated
  4. check the brushes of the motor and its tacho (make sure they're in good condition and sliding freely in their housings

If all those verifications don't give any result, I'll suggest you yet another check to make definnitely sure the TNC113 is not at fault.

:crazy:

sorry for my lack of information....

I can start the spindle motor and there are light in the buttons when there on.
I tried pushing the 2 buttons at the same time and i can se in the cabinet that they are "clicking-on/off" the switches. But no light in anything.
can't hear the feed motor starts no matter what I push.

the tnc113 work as far as i can se... it does move/count when i use the handles by hand.

Talked to the guy I bougt it frome, and he would comeby to take a look at it if i cant get it to work....

Thanks...

Again, did you enable the manual mode on the counter first ? Can you confirm that the "man" and the "zigzag" lights on the counter were *on* (red arrows on the pic below) ?
The white arrows show the two buttons that are to be pressed altogether to switch the feed motor on.

IMG_5097.jpg

There's a little more to it than the counter just counting when you're cranking the hanwheels by hand but indeed, if you can hear the motor relays ticking, there may be something else to look for.
Then let's wait for the inspection of your seller.

Back