What's new
What's new

Deckel FP1 arbour retaining nut

Peter Colman

Stainless
I have an old 2 lever changewheel Mt4 FP1. I have managed to loose the ‘nut’ that screws into the rear of the horizontal spindle and is used to provide tension on the drawbar when you want to remove tooling from the spindle.
If you have one of these can you please make a simple sketch and post it so I can make a replacement.
Thanks in advance

Here you go, if you need any other dimensions feel free to ask, I am taking my machine apart currently so everything is everywhere :willy_nilly:

NutDrawing Drawing v1-1.jpg

Here you go, if you need any other dimensions feel free to ask, I am taking my machine apart currently so everything is everywhere :willy_nilly:

View attachment 330128
I have a similar machine. I want to make some collets for horizontal spindle. There are no other accessories with the machine. No collets or vertical spindle. Only bare machine. But I can't take out the drawbar to check the threads of the drawbar. Should the nut you have shown be taken out to take out the drawbar.
Yogesh

Yes, the nut retains the drawbar and acts as a stop so you can eject the collet.
if the mill is a MT4 version (I can’t vouch for other models) the collets are available in the UK as “tool grinder collets’, they are made in the orient but work ok.

Back