What's new
What's new

Deckel FP1 MK1, wiring diagram (board with fuses)

MikeLDN

Plastic
Hello,

I have bought an old beauty, Deckel FP1, pre-MK1, year 1935.

I have tested it and it works but when checking wires and installation (just in case), I have found a mess. Obviously fuse box was loosen so chips, oil.. came in. Power cable has disintegrated, also on the plug end, isolation is falling apart.
Motor, switch, "internal" cabling look solid, it was made of some other type of cable, I will just check the resistance and leave as is for now.

This is Siemens 3-phase, 2-speed motor. I guess all MK1 machines with similar motor should have the same wiring scheme but I'm not able to find one. Can someone please share info, or link on this forum or outside please ?

Cheers

w1.jpgw2.jpgw3.jpgw4.jpg

Nice job and congratulations on your purchase....

Your fix looks like it will last another 80+ years. It is amazing to think that you are working on a literal antique. I mean, this machine could have been built by our grandfathers or great-grandfathers. It also went through a very painful World War, supporting a regime that (hopefully) most are happy lost, although at great expense to all involved. There is some history there for your machine, I'm sure... If only it could talk!

I wonder how many of our machines built today will be around in 30, 50 or 80 years. Meanwhile, your 80 year old guy will probably be around still doing its job in another 80. It certainly is a testament to the machine and its designers. Kudos

Have fun with your purchase!

Back