What's new
What's new

Deckel FP1 new to me

poyo

Aluminum
Hi all, I recently purchased a FP1, it did not have a fixed or tilt table but there is a rotary table with self made bracket to hold it in place. I started cleaning the machine, I'll probably have many questions on the way but my first question is about rotary table itself. When I spin the handle, it's not rotating :D I took it apart to see if everything is good and there was nothing I could see. Any ideas?

IMG_20190909_095744.jpg

Congrats one the FP1 :)

I've never seen or used the original deckel rotary table, but the small one I have has a cam type engagement that allows you to disengange the worm gear and therefore freely rotate the table without the crank. It's a pin/handle just behind the crank/wheel. Maybe this has something similar?

I'll disassemble again and make some photos , the part which lever was attached to was moving I am not sure if it's supposed to move or it's broken.

When I spin the handle, it's not rotating :D I took it apart to see if everything is good and there was nothing I could see. Any ideas?

Underneath the table is a gear which turns it. That table gear is driven by a worm gear, attached to the handle. The worm gear is carried in an eccentric housing which can be swung into engagement or out of engagement. Probably you just need to rotate that housing to engage the worm gear and the table gear.

Here are some photos of the internals: https://www.practicalmachinist.com/...ry-table-380-mm-rundtisch-303095/#post2548536

You can find more info by searching for "Deckel 6017 rotary table" or "Deckel 6017 Rundtisch".

Probably you just need to rotate that housing to engage the worm gear and the table gear.

Thank you for the answer Bruce, the housing is probably stuck there due to rust or grease. I couldn't even de-attach the gears from the top, do you have any chemical solution or something might help with the parts that are stuck?

Regards,

Poyraz

Finally got it working, it was a tough task to remove the eccentric housing and the worm gear, rust and dried grease held it quite tight. I won't do any further work on it for now till I clean the rest of the machine.

Back