What's new
What's new

Deckel FP1 Riser Owners?

drcoelho

Stainless
I'm seeking out those of you who own a Deckel FP1 Riser, ESPECIALLY if you are in the San Francisco bay area, but even if you are elsewhere in the world. This is part of my very preliminary efforts to possibly manufacture some of these rare beasts...in need of getting access to one of these for reverse engineering purposes.

Please identify yourself :)

Hello!
Of course, I am far from San Francisco, but I also acquired Dekel FP1.
I am from Russia, I live in Chelyabinsk.
IMG_20190127_170128.jpgIMG_20190127_170118.jpg

Excellent and nice to talk to a Russian Deckel owner, BUT I'm asking if you have the very specific feature called an "FP1 Riser" which is used to allow for attaching a Precision Boring Head to the FP1?

Google translator is not quite correctly translated =) I misunderstood

I'm seeking out those of you who own a Deckel FP1 Riser, ESPECIALLY if you are in the San Francisco bay area, but even if you are elsewhere in the world. This is part of my very preliminary efforts to possibly manufacture some of these rare beasts...in need of getting access to one of these for reverse engineering purposes.

Please identify yourself :)

I have one.....I posted all the info in the other thread about building a riser!

Kevin

I have one.....I posted all the info in the other thread about building a riser!

Kevin

Hi Deckeleers,

Dennis, You can take look at my thread "Build an FP1 Riser on a budget" if you haven`t already done so. Kevin (bsg) kindly supplied the relevant dimensions for the external dimensions of the riser but there is not enough information to enable you to create a drawing for the casting and the internal spaces within it.

Neither are there details of the gears and shafts and their disposition within the original riser. Therefore, you really need to buy or borrow an original riser and execute the tedious tasks that I outlined in your previous post about the FP1 riser.

Alan

Not bragging here as it's common knowledge in the sub forum that I have one of those risers. I bought it because the collector in me had to have it and came from a dealer in Germany, paid enough to not be interested in allowing it to be used/disassembled/loaned or any other risks only for the benefit of others though.
Dan

Not bragging here as it's common knowledge in the sub forum that I have one of those risers. I bought it because the collector in me had to have it and came from a dealer in Germany, paid enough to not be interested in allowing it to be used/disassembled/loaned or any other risks only for the benefit of others though.
Dan

Hi Deckeleers,

Typical collectors response but of course it will never be used, just polished up and kept under the bed in case the paint gets scratched! It looks as though you will have to buy one, strip it down and measure it up, then you could sell it again and even make a profit?

Take my tip, buy a bottle of good single malt, gulp it down and forget all about making those risers, nobody is going to buy one anyway!

Alan

Kevin

Kevin, I've got all the measurements and photos you generated, very useful! Would you be willing to make additional measurements and generate some additional photos as I get into this?

Take my tip, buy a bottle of good single malt, gulp it down and forget all about making those risers, nobody is going to buy one anyway!

Alan

Really don't think he gives a rat if anyone else buys one...He is doing all this for himself....Has already put his money where his mouth is in effect by purchasing a brand new FPS reproduction FP1...just waiting as it is for delivery!

Cheers Ross

@drcoelho If you are able to do this, I would buy one. I have a head that I am unable to use without it.

Also, I live pretty nearby. Would love to see your FPS FP1 if you're willing to have me. Would happily have you visit my shop here in Santa Cruz as well.

Cliff

@drcoelho If you are able to do this, I would buy one. I have a head that I am unable to use without it.

Also, I live pretty nearby. Would love to see your FPS FP1 if you're willing to have me. Would happily have you visit my shop here in Santa Cruz as well.

Cliff

Cliff, PM sent...

FP2 Riser is an entirely different beast from FP1 Riser. FP2 Riser can be found on used market, FP1 Riser is almost impossible to find.

Really don't think he gives a rat if anyone else buys one...He is doing all this for himself....Has already put his money where his mouth is in effect by purchasing a brand new FPS reproduction FP1...just waiting as it is for delivery!

Cheers Ross

Hi Deckeleers,

Ross, you are guilty of not reading the various threads and posts about this subject! Dennis intends to make FP1 risers for sale and it seems that he already has Cliff as a customer but I hope that Cliff is sitting down when he hears the price.

I predict that all this latest activity will fizzle out just like all the other attempts.

I will continue to construct the FP1 Dual riser when the weather gets better here in Oslo.

Incidentally, the FP1 Dual riser will be able qute simply to be converted to fit on the FP2 machine therefore allowing FP1 heads to be used on the FP2 as well as the FP2 heads. I will create a thread explaining this once the riser is finished but again you will have to wait for this to happen.

Best,

Alan

Hi Deckeleers,

Ross, you are guilty of not reading the various threads and posts about this subject! Dennis intends to make FP1 risers for sale and it seems that he already has Cliff as a customer but I hope that Cliff is sitting down when he hears the price.

I predict that all this latest activity will fizzle out just like all the other attempts.

I will continue to construct the FP1 Dual riser when the weather gets better here in Oslo.

Incidentally, the FP1 Dual riser will be able qute simply to be converted to fit on the FP2 machine therefore allowing FP1 heads to be used on the FP2 as well as the FP2 heads. I will create a thread explaining this once the riser is finished but again you will have to wait for this to happen.

Best,

Alan

Alan, my first name is David, not Dennis....and Ross is more alligned with my goals, primarily interested in aquiring an FP1 Riser for my own use, if I happen to build a few extras along the way I will certainly make them available to folks but that is not my motivation....

Alan, my first name is David, not Dennis....and Ross is more alligned with my goals, primarily interested in aquiring an FP1 Riser for my own use, if I happen to build a few extras along the way I will certainly make them available to folks but that is not my motivation....

Hi Deckeleers,

David, Sorry for the mix up with your name. If you had signed off your posts with your name as others do, then this would not have happened. Also if you were just making one for yourself wouldn`t it be beneficial to you to construct a multi function one along the lines of the FP1 Dual Riser?

I see you in the position that I was in when I first started my riser project, information is difficult to be had on this forum and those that already have the risers with the exception of Kevin, Eric and even Ross are reluctant to help out which will make your task much more difficult than it could be with better co-operation.

In a previous post, I asked you if the manufacturer of your new faux FP1 also sells a riser for it? You did not answer this question but it would be of interest to know this. Also are you sure that the FP1 riser will fit on it.

Your comment "If I happen to build a few extras along the way I will certainly make them available to folks but that is not my motivation". Isn`t that a contradiction of intention in one sentence!

I look forward to seeing your progress on this project but don`t take too long as you may upset the diamonds.

Alan

Back