What's new
What's new

Deckel FP1 "x Axis" jammed

Miket39

Plastic
Ladies /Gents
I have a issue with my Deckel FP1 MK4 Lever machine an early sixties build, Serial No 37615
I have owned this mill about 18months now and i have been slowly giving it a cleanup while the machine received some light usage.
Finally bit the bullet and decided to have a good look around for grease. Found grease in the quill, yet to tackle that, found grease at the bottom of Z Axis plan to wash that out. Now Murphys law says should be grease in the "X" Axis as well?? Checked behind the sight glass, nothing, Prior to taking out the bronze lead screw nut and lock ring i have managed to jam the lead screw?? Only good news, there's no sign of grease! The leadscrew nut and retaining ring are off and so is the carriage. Now if I'm correct?? the leadscrew should just slide out, instead its jammed. hopefully the pics i have taken will make sense of where I'm at. You will see on one of the pics i have placed a bolt in left hand end of the lead screw. if the forum thinks it a good idea i plan to Jack the leadscrew with some pipe and washers back into position. Thanks in advance, great site by the way and this is my first post. So be gentle.

Regards
Mike
Perth
Western Australia

Attachments

• fp1.jpg
    fp1.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 59
  • Leadscrew bronxe nut and retaing ring removed.jpg
    Leadscrew bronxe nut and retaing ring removed.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 49
  • Fp1 leadscrew with jacking bolt.jpg
    Fp1 leadscrew with jacking bolt.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 55
Yes when you have unscrewed the leadscrew it should slide out .

I have just done this operation on my machine .

Check that the key slot is not damaged or blocked with corrosion, it might be hanging up on the key. Don't force it or hammer it!

Yup corrosion on the shaft was causing it to jam. Jacked it back out, cleaned the shaft and it slid straight out.
Thanks,

Back