What's new
What's new

Deckel FP2 (2202) drawbar and upper parts dimensions

Kobusvn

Plastic
Hi all,

I bought a 1979 FP2 2202 on auction a few days ago.

When the machine arrived I realised that the drawbar and parts were uncomplete and in fact, the drawbar's hex was so badly mangled that it binded in its entirety to the extent that what used to be a hex, was round and the outer ring was manhandled with waterpump pliers probably in an attempt to remove the tool. This resulted in me having to saw the parts off directly on top of the quill to remove the tool and drawbar.

It was also (based on pictures that I have seen) not complete, ie, it does not have the spring containing top part with the circlip etcetera.

I want to make new parts but I have no dimensions to work off of.

I need the drawbar length and then the dimensions of the top parts in order to make some new ones.

I cannot find any specs or sizes anywhere, thus, any help would be appreciated.

Kobus

I am not a big follower of the numbers ...
Guessing your machine would be a "square head" style machine.

Don't understand the reference to a "hex" on the draw bar.

Early FP2's having round vertical heads that require removal of the vertical head assembly to run horizontal to the best of my knowledge all had square headed draw bars....takes a square
wrench to tighten/loosen....(vertical head)

With the change to the square head design, where the vertical head assembly is moved to the rear on the top dovetails of the "Y" slide to run horizontal or mount accessory heads, the
termination of the draw bar is in a female hex....(Vertical)
Don't have my parts book here at home just now, but i believe that the hex drive is adapted on to the top of the draw bar...

Is this the part you are needing?
Some photos of what you have might be instructive...
Cheers Ross

Hi Ross, you are correct.

It is the hex on the vertical head drawbar that is completely stuffed and it also lacks the parts to hold the drawbar in the quill and thus the tool.

The male hex on the drawbar seems to terminate into a female hex part with dowel pins (one of the parts I don’t have and then has a spring assembly held in place with a circlip. All the parts described is missing.

I will have to remake the top hex portion of the drawbar and then all the other parts, I just do’n want to be guessing as to how they are supposed to look or fit.

Regards,

Kobus

What thread is on the drawbar M16 OD or S20x20 ID ???
Is it the same as on the horizontal drawbar ???
Perhaps the drawbar is converted to M16 while originaly it used S20x2
Decide which tooling you want to use and adapt both drawbars to that

BTW Here one can download a manual for the machine https://passion-usinages.forumgratuit.org/t8833-deckel-fp2-active-aktiv#52830
(many more manuals there BTW)

I can send you a parts manual if you are interested

Peter

Hi Peter,

No, it is the standard S20x2 drawbar.

All that happened is that they lost/broke or threw away the parts that attach to the top of the drawbar - that fits on the hexagonal part - that is supposed to turn and pull the tool in.

the drawbar thread is a M15x1 thread and the hex appears to have been a 10 or 12 mm, not sure because it is basically rounded now from using pliers or so.

I would appreciate any manuals or drawings of the machine.

Thanks.

I am not a big follower of the numbers ...
Guessing your machine would be a "square head" style machine.

Don't understand the reference to a "hex" on the draw bar.

Early FP2's having round vertical heads that require removal of the vertical head assembly to run horizontal to the best of my knowledge all had square headed draw bars....takes a square
wrench to tighten/loosen....(vertical head)

With the change to the square head design, where the vertical head assembly is moved to the rear on the top dovetails of the "Y" slide to run horizontal or mount accessory heads, the
termination of the draw bar is in a female hex....(Vertical)
Don't have my parts book here at home just now, but i believe that the hex drive is adapted on to the top of the draw bar...

Is this the part you are needing?
Some photos of what you have might be instructive...
Cheers Ross
Deckel top.jpg

This is what I have...

Well, there you go.

Parts made and works like a charm.

This is before they were hardened.

thanks for the input.Deckel top parts.jpg

Back