What's new
What's new

Deckel FP2 (2202) feed shaft removal

Kobusvn

Plastic
Hi all,

I am busy with my square head early 80's FP2 rebuild and repair.

Upon removal of the Siemens drive motor for the feeds I saw the pulley and shaft upon which it fits was quite worn and thus had a wobble. I intend to fix this.

Thus, I need to remove the shaft. The bearing as can be seen in the first photo is also shot and needs replacement. However, it seems that someone had their little fat fingers in there at some point in time and tried to remove those parts and also drilled new holes for a spring pin in the back to keep the shaft to the rear intermediary shaft, as can be seen in photo two.

From the schematic drawing of the machine it seems that the bevel gear on the inside is just seated on a key on the shaft and bevel gear as well as the bearing behind it is kept in place by two circlips. There are two grub screws on the sides of the casing that I also removed.

My problem is that I have removed the circlips and spring pin and I was able to get the shaft to move about 4mm, then, it stops.

I stopped battling to get it out when I set out to resort to using a hammer (always a good indication of pent up anger and frustration) and then stopped.

Is there something that I am missing? I made a quick makeshift puller to pull from the rear using the M6 internal thread but it is held so tight that it strips the threads before anything really moves.

Any advice or input will be appreciated.

Thanks!Deckel FP2 drive shaft front.jpgDeckel FP2 drive shaft rear.jpgDeckel FP2 drive shaft side.jpg

Well, I got it out after some effort.

It will be easier to just make a new one than to repair it, will see what is best.Feedshaft 1.jpgFeedshaft 2.jpg

Looks like a pretty simple part.....Looks like someone has nor done it any favors in its previous life....
Piece of 4142 pre-hard and bit of turning and you should be good to go, with a much nicer part....
Cheers Ross

Agreed.

Some people should really stay away from any form of machine repair.

I will now also remove the remainder of the shaft leading to the feedshaft for the z axis and check that all is in order there, at least then I will know that it is sorted.

Back