Deckel FP2 Base Dimensions, Making Skid Platform
Close
Login to Your Account
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Deckel FP2 Base Dimensions, Making Skid Platform

Hi everyone. I just put a deposit down on a second generation FP2 (single dials and motor mounted on the outside). I will not take possession of it until the end of the month. I plan on making a semi permanent skid for it so I can move around if needed. I don’t have any manuals for it yet. Can anyone tell me what the base dimensions are? I am going to construct a skid as close to the base dimensions, allowing a hand pallet truck to be used to move it.
    Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Believe the base is 800mm x 500mm

Anchor bolt holes are 20mm inside the edge of the base (460mm width) and 100mm forward of the rear edge 610 mm center to center form the rear holes....
    Info from a later operators manual (2 motor) but i believe they are the same as yours (outside motor, square head machine).
    Cheers Ross

3. Likes ballen liked this post
    Country
    GERMANY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I believe that what Ross has written is correct. He took the dimensions from a machine which is later than yours. Here are the dimensions from a machine earlier than yours (2-dial FP2 with motor in back). This is the footprint diagram copied directly from the instruction manual and agrees with the values that Ross gave. So it's very likely that Deckel did not change these mounting dimensions during the long lifetime of FP2 production and evolution.

PS: looking more closely it might be that the bolt holes on the earlier model were exactly centered, so the offset that Ross describes as 100mm was 95mm on the earlier machines. Won't matter for your skid, make the mounting holes slightly oversize to let you center it in either case.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

That really helps, thanks so much guys!! I'll post up some pictures when I get it home.

6. Likes ballen liked this post