What's new
What's new

Deckel FP2 or FP3 wiring diagram

adrian

Cast Iron
Hi all

Does anybody have a wiring diagram for an FP2 or FP3 two motor machine.
I think they are the same electrically may be slightly different motors.

I have seen the wiring details on the Wrench CD and wondered if there were any updates.

Plan is to run it single phase with an inverter for the spindle and leave the DC as is.

Also a manual in English would be nice, I currently have German and French.

Many thanks Adrian.
A Dusty FP3.jpg

Were you reverted able to find the diagram? I have a FP3 with a faulty DC drive.

Unfortunately I did not find any manuals or electrical details for the FP3.
Might be worth posting a question again on the forum, you never know your luck.

Ciao Adrian.

Sorry, Adrian.... You are correct that I don't have any schematics for that machine. Sadly, I doubt they ever existed. Once Deckel went to their more "advanced" servo setup for the powered feeds, I think they did away with providing schematics in their manuals. That isn't 100% true because I believe I do have one schematic for a transitional machine, but most of the machines have Heidenhain DROs integrated and such (it seems to me), and those are a totally different beast.

The pain can be shared by the CNC crowd too. Deckel was kind of unique in that it provided chip level schematics for the early Dialog mill. They are *horrible* copies, though. You cannot read chip numbers or even type, for the most part. But for someone who is familiar with board level design of that vintage (ahem, meaning people born in the 60s), it generally isn't too difficult to figure out what the chips are and, from that, the pin numbers. It is, however, tedious! But this is still way better than, say, the later Dialog machines for which there were absolutely no schematics provided.

Anyhow, you are likely in that same group. You may have gross interconnection diagrams, but I seriously doubt you'll ever find chip level schematics.

Alan

Unfortunately I did not find any manuals or electrical details for the FP3.
Might be worth posting a question again on the forum, you never know your luck.

Ciao Adrian.

I have the diagram, in German, for that machine. if you still need it.

Jon,
I noticed this posting just after I put something on the thread where you had been asking for help with your machine in Oakland... If you can send me a scan and/or a high resolution photo of the drawing, it might help a bit. My guess is that it is probably more of a generic "interconnection" type of drawing, but who knows... maybe you'll get lucky! A picture of the board would be good too. Because the PM system very well may downscale the photo, you are probably better off sending things to my email address that I've given you in the other thread. Try to get good light, but without glare, in any photos. That way I can hopefully zoom in.

Alan

Back