What's new
What's new

deckel fp2 second offer????

Markusfu

Stainless
Just curious whether any bidders on the recent reliable Deckel FP2 items have received offers to buy any of the items as second offers?????

Markus

I have bought five or six items from Reliable auctions. Within two days of closing I got a second offer on every one. I'm pretty sure the offers are from someone on the west coast of Africa.

Rick

How do you explain the person being in S Africa if the winning bidder welched on the deal?

Why wouldn't the offer come from Reliable ?

Help me out on this one???

Markus

Always email the seller (in this case Reliable) for confirmation of the second chance offer. Lots of scammers out there using others auctions for the front of their scam. You send them the $$ Western Union and then realize something kinda fishey when nothing arrives. Money and fake seller long gone.

Think the telling thing is that the same bidder that bought the FP2 is buying the accessories as well. If he was going to default on the machine why is he still buying the accessories...its a scam don't bite!
Cheers Ross

You should always go to "My Ebay", your personalized page, to see if a second chance offer is legitimate. If it is posted there, by Ebay, then it's ok. Chances are it is a scam, as others have said.

You can certainly email Reliable and ask them, but my experience is they are slow to communicate that way.

Markus,
Just to let you know... I'd bet big money these offers are scams. I know a person that bought a few of the items from Reliable and he is aware of the other buyers through communication with Reliable. All of them are actively involved in carrying through with the purchases.

--Alan

I'm surprised you guys are wasting bandwidth "discussing" this like this is some remote possiblity that isn't a scam. Of course it's a scam...100 percent...I could tell you that even without seeing or knowing the content of, the email...sheesh...

I'm surprised you guys are wasting bandwidth "discussing" this like this is some remote possiblity that isn't a scam. Of course it's a scam...100 percent...I could tell you that even without seeing or knowing the content of, the email...sheesh...
Well if we had something good to talk about like some pictures and descriptions of parts being run on the Dialog11 FP2A perhaps we would be doing something with more interest. Maybe Don you should send me that FP2A for a good comparrison with the Dialog4...i have plenty of seat time with the D4 and who better to give you an honest comparrison?

Cheers Ross

Ross, I think it would be cheaper for you to fly your rear end out here and I'll let you pay with it to your hearts content. Maybe you could attend that scraping seminar with Professors Forrest Addy and Steven Thomas in a few weeks...the D11 is a mere 50 miles from that !

Don:
Not a bad idea, but crappy time frame...August is Monterey Historic, and Pre-Historic weekends, as well as Pebble Beach...no time for any road trips until September..(unless you count Monterey). Would like to attend the scraping class, can't we get a left coast extension..after all its closer to Forrest.
Cheers Ross

Excuses, excuses...forget the scraping class, just come here anyway !

Just noticed I typed "pay with it" instead of "play with it"...musta been a Feudian Slip

I agree JL. What's that got to do with my assessment of this particular scam ? Do you see somewhere in my response that I'm making my assessment based on a theory that all second chance offers are scams ? If so, where ?

What's that got to do with my assessment of this particular scam ?
Nothing that I know of. I was just stating that alot of em are good offers. Now as far a machine tools go, I suspect a much higher number of those are S.C. offers are total rips because of the $$$ involved.

Some of these Phishes are downright clever and worrysome. Like the one where you get a question from a supposed prospective buyer and if you click on the "reply to question" button, it asks you to sign in. Only problem is your signing in somewhere other than Ebay! That ones sneaky. :eek:

Back