What's new
What's new

Deckel FP2 Slotting Head - Head removal

Jersey John

Stainless
Hi folk

Well, further to my previous thread on the identity differences between the FP1 and FP2 Slotting Head I went ahead a bought the FP2 Head I was watching on eBay.

Yesterday I made a 500 mile round trip to collect it. Like most of these items it showed little sign of use and there was alot of congiled oil present - so much so the ram was solid when I attempted to turn the gear shaft.

Thinking this was nothing more the a lubrication problem I took it. The owner also showed me the head rotated but he'd slackened off the four back nuts too much that two of the "T" nuts had dropped inside.

I've now removed the other two nuts and want to remove the "Head" from the "Body" casting but sadly can't.

Is there anything I've missed to separate the two??

Many thanks

John :typing:

Yes John : the hex nut that secures the rod axle on the "crankshaft".
You will have to align it with the hole on the front of the sliding member, and loosen it as you will take both parts apart.
Aligning the nut with the hole is done by rotating the Gear but if it's stuck,you may have to rotate the whole front end relatively to the ram (rear end that slides on your machine to mount the Gear).

Back