What's new
What's new

Deckel FP2/universal table

machmach

Plastic
Hello,
I may be able to get a Deckel FP2 but it doesn't have a universal table. I think I have seen pictures of an FP2 with one. The machine in question is in excellent shape but I don't want to find that I have a lesser model that I can't upgrade and may have significantly less resell value. My questions are:
A) Are there 2 models of the FP2, one with and one without the universal table?
B) If there are 2 models is the one with the universal table much rarer and therefore much more expensive than the one without it? If a rough idea of the prices commanded for each of them (tight & well maintained) can be given I would appreciate it.
C) If the universal table is an accessory what would a ball park price be for one and are they easy to come by?
Thanks,
machmach

Hmm...

Same machine model, Univeral table was an optional accesory.
Well, Swivel table is more sought after.
Personaly, I rarely put my swivel tables on because I am not doing much off-angle milling so I personally think the standard tables are find for most of what you will do.

That said, machines with the swivel table will cost more, and have a higher resale value.
Finding the tables for sale by themselves may be quite an effort and also require some luck.

As for the price... hard to say.

Sean

[This message has been edited by Sean S (edited 11-04-2002).]

Back