What's new
What's new

Deckel FP2A maintenance manuals, spindle problem and DNC

mohorick123

Plastic
Hello all,

I have bought a used Deckel FP2A cnc machine with Contour 3 computer and it is in very good condition.
It arrived without any documentation or user manuals, so i am looking through forums to find information about maintenance and other things.

Recently i noticed that the oil indication window on the side of Y axis had no oil in it.
So i searched the forums for instructions and found some promising info.
I move the Y axis to the front, removed the covers and put in the oil.
I checked the oil level so it was with the line.
After 3 minutes of running the spindle, the oil level raised to max and beyond.
At the time i didn't think this would cause any problems, but after a week of working, there was a grey grease coming out of the horizontal spindle.

How can i lubricate the spindle bearings with grease?

Should i remove the milling head?

Also, does anyone have any original maintenance instructions for Deckel FP2A or Contour 3 computer?
What kind of oils should i use? How many times should i check the oil levels? What type of oil for guides and the spindle??

I want to send milling programs to Contour 3 computer. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Thank you all in advanced,
Kris

Attachments

• i_03336200.jpg
    i_03336200.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 150
  • i_03336189.jpg
    i_03336189.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 137
  • i_03336194.jpg
    i_03336194.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_20190223_214020.jpg
    IMG_20190223_214020.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 132
  • i_0333619011.jpg
    i_0333619011.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 117
Oil for the spindle gear bow should be a good quality "AW 46 or 68" (AW="anti wear" hydraulic oil) You can use the same oil in the hydraulic tank for the tool release.

Running the oil over full will ,i fear, allow oil to enter the horizontal spindle and wash out the grease that lubricates the spindle.(As seen in your 5th photo)
To service that spindle it needs to be removed and disassembled cleaned and fitted with fresh grease.
Might do some searching ,there have been some posts regarding the assembly and adjustment , nothing exactly for that setup (Fixed quill) but think you can extrapolate
what you need to know.
Need a parts book to show the details of how that spindle is mounted and driven. (sorry don't have any manuals for the FP-A machines)

Believe that Kluber "Isoflex Super tel" is the factory recommendation, however machines with some mileage on the spindle might do better using "NBU 15"

Cheers Ross

Thank your very much for a reply Ross!

I contacted our distributor for Kluber's grease but they can not supply me with Isofelx Super Tel... I will try to ge t the NBU 15 then.

Do you have any instructions or suggestion for spindle oil maintenance?
I filled the oil until it reached the marked line on the indicator windwos....and in a few moments of running the machine the oil level just rised above the indicator window.
Any idea on how could this happen?

Thank you

Kris

Oil for the spindle gear bow should be a good quality "AW 46 or 68" (AW="anti wear" hydraulic oil) You can use the same oil in the hydraulic tank for the tool release.

Running the oil over full will ,i fear, allow oil to enter the horizontal spindle and wash out the grease that lubricates the spindle.(As seen in your 5th photo)
To service that spindle it needs to be removed and disassembled cleaned and fitted with fresh grease.
Might do some searching ,there have been some posts regarding the assembly and adjustment , nothing exactly for that setup (Fixed quill) but think you can extrapolate
what you need to know.
Need a parts book to show the details of how that spindle is mounted and driven. (sorry don't have any manuals for the FP-A machines)

Believe that Kluber "Isoflex Super tel" is the factory recommendation, however machines with some mileage on the spindle might do better using "NBU 15"

Cheers Ross

Thank your very much for a reply Ross!

I contacted our distributor for Kluber's grease but they can not supply me with Isofelx Super Tel... I will try to ge t the NBU 15 then.

Do you have any instructions or suggestion for spindle oil maintenance?
I filled the oil until it reached the marked line on the indicator windwos....and in a few moments of running the machine the oil level just rised above the indicator window.
Any idea on how could this happen?

Thank you

Kris

I have had this same problem with fp4a, filling to red line and after use it drains to front section of the horizontal spindle and then the oil level is over the red line. And seems to stay there. Lowers only when running.

I leveled the machine now so that the front is higher and after running the oil level is like this : IMG_20191030_182445.jpg
IMG_20191030_182435.jpg

Back