What's new
What's new

Deckel FP2NC retrofit

Niko

Plastic
Hi everyone ,
as a new and proud owner of a Deckel FP2NC, I'll start with a retrofit .
The machine was bought without the control box for the dialog and no cards in the main control box .
Right now I'm drawing a replacement box for the HMI bits and I'll need some dimensions from the original box.
Could anybody with a Deckel like that take some dimensions and pictures of the controls ?

Thank you in advance .

FP-NC's have really three separate control parts (electronics)
The operators station contains boards that do the logic of the control to include monitor and memory.
Those cards communicate with a second electronics portion (large cabinet refereed to as the "PC") that preform secondary functions like switching functions on or off
like hydraulic pump , lube pump, coolant and allowing power up of things like the third electronic portion, the servo drives (large cabinet) .
Also this second section ( "PC") is where the logic that handles gear changing is handled.....

Not sure having photos of the original setup is of much value.
You need to design your enclosures and operators station to work with the components you are going to use in your retro fit....
I suspect the original cabinet needs will be quite different form the requirements of a modern retro fit.....

Could you explain your term "HMI" , not familiar with that.

Cheers Ross

Thank you for your help Gentlemen .
The machine was bought without any control boards for the dialog and non for the servos .
My goal here is to design something similar to the original operator station .
I intend to use a 13 inch monitor, 10" screen on linuxcnc seems a bit small .
Pictures and dimensions would be useful since I'd like to keep the original layout of buttons and selector switches . I have drawn something that resembles the original station but it seems kind of large, and I'd like to optimise it .

Cheers
Nikolai

The original Deckel console is 22" X 22" X 15" high. The Siemens 3M equipped machines had mostly empty space in the console because that control was mostly in the electrical cabinet, so the console doesn't need to be that big for your new control. There are lots of photos of consoles here on PM, a search should turn up plenty of examples. I'd make the console only as large as needed, and would emphasize a handheld remote for program/cycle operations and axis movement during setup, so the console could be only big enough for a monitor and a keypad if that's your wish.

Back