What's new
What's new

Deckel FP2NC X Axis Jerking/ Overshooting

Neeroy

Plastic
Hello everyone,

I am a hobbyist and have recently aquired a 1982 Deckel FP2NC mill with Dialog 4.
After some quality time with each other I ran into issues with the X-Axis.

The first thing I noticed, was a sudden E-Stop after a G00 Move with the X-Axis. Error code 12 (Axis error). Digging into this issue I even noticed a significant overshoot when moving X with slow feedrates, followed by jerking. Just like a bad ajusted PID Loop does.
During a G1 Move with a higher Feedrate the Control triggers an E-Stop shortly after X begins to change its position.
Today things got even worse... when switching on the power on the Dialog 4 operator control panel, X starts to jerk trying to find its zero.

I have cleaned the X-Axis tachometer on the Servo, cleaned the servo brushes, Swapped X and Y NZP59 Cards, but no success in fixing this issue. ( I do only have a reference for NZP55 cards, are the DIP switches on a NZP59 analogue to a NZP55 card?)

Has someone of you encountered a similar issue and would kindly help me fixing my Problem?
Is the jerking/overshooting caused by a faulty Servo amp or is just the PID adjusted wrong?

Greetings,
Neeroy

Back