What's new
What's new

Franz Singer

I know this is an old thread but did a search and this is one of the ones that came up. I would have rather just started a new thread.
Anyway had some time and was searching for Deckel stuff and saw a used motor inching hand wheel from Singer. Made a bid and I was the highest.
I thought if I was highest I would add some things from Singer that I needed for the FP3. In hopes of better shipping price or at least all in one transaction.
So that didn't seem to work as I got this message from eBay.

"This item does not ship to PA, United States. Here is what you can do:

Change address
To ask for an exception, please request a total from the seller"

I have done what was asked but was unable to shopping cart my other stuff. I have bought from them in the past on eBay but it was new items with a different account and address (with no problem).

How are US PM members doing this kind of transaction?
Probably just operator error on my part.

Thanks for any help
Andy

Hi Andy,

Thanks for any help

Franz Singer & Co (Franz, Igor, Klaus, Walther, ...) are helpful, reliable, and trustworthy. Just send them an email note ([email protected]) and in parallel write to them over the Ebay message system, tell them you want to ship to the USA, and ask what to do. I am sure they will help you to sort it out.

Sometimes they are slow to reply to email. If you are impatient then phone them, early morning USA time. If you want other stuff as well you might suggest cancelling the ebay order and just working directly with them. But don't do this over the ebay messaging system or they might get into trouble.

Cheers,
Bruce

Last edited:
Ditto what Bruce said- Franz runs a great operation.
Have found they pack things well and shipping to the USA is pretty reasonable, last order (small stuff) we made arrived in about a week.

Purchase the desired items, one at a time if necessary, then send them a request for total invoice including shipping after you are done.
They will send you a total, which includes VAT and shipping. You pay the total amount, then *after* you pay and check out, they will refund the VAT to you.

I concur with the above. Franz has always been honest and reliable in my dealings with him. He has confirmed via serial number that parts would fit my FP2 without ever having to ask. Quite a diligent individual. One of the good guys. I’m happy to pay a premium for that!

Thanks for the info. I think in the end it was just an eBay issue. As I wrote I have bought from them before but it was either on there web site or eBay (buy it now) not an auction and a few years ago. Anyway I did email them both through eBay and there emailbefore this post and got a response right away and an invoice before that. Good price on the part and shipping and very fast. I am very grateful to have them around for Deckel stuff.
Andy

Back