What's new
What's new

Deckel FP4A Dialog 11 selftest problem

DawidM

Plastic
Hi everyone
I'm new here so sorry for any mistakes and my English also.
Recently I bought Deckel FP4A with Dialog 11.
Machine is in good condition but there is a one (or maybe more) problem with it.
When i try to turn it on very often there is problem with completing selftest. Below there are photos of what is display on a screen and what happened in cabinet.
1. 2181212_18572.jpg - Google Drive
2. 2181214_8329.jpg - Google Drive
3. 2181214_8341.jpg - Google Drive

After several times and some gently "pushes" into wires and cards (not sure that it helps but) it finally starts (sometimes it can turn on by first time). And everything is fine.

After let's say hour of work, hydraulics stops and i can see something like this:
4. 2181224_131545.jpg - Google Drive

Not responding, have to turn if off and on again.

And here is first question: any idea what reason could be?
And second thing is - cards on right- what exactly it is? Is that normal that when machine is working fine (until stop) on three card there are no led on and last one got 4 red and no green?
5. 2181214_8341.jpg - Google Drive

There was one single time that i notice that it was all green:
6. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1n4LzuQBI_ajvnKfyOvCn1zZv9QxMndzG/view?usp=drivesdk

Enyone had problem like this?

(There is folder with couple pictures of that cards and cabinet:
7. https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1fmeefSljaA-hlwCGSdHAkUC9RFM7gge2 )

I'm sorry if i wrote something wrong- please notice me.

Short reply here to let you know that your post is not being ignored....
Your English is fine and the posted pictures might well be of value...
Here is the issue:
Members that post here, myself included, do not seem to be very familiar with the Dialog11 control or its working issues

Unlike the Dialog4 there seems to be little electronic information regarding the "11".
Seems the general trouble shooting technique is to just swap modules to solve any running problems.
I realize this is of little help , but unless someone pops up with real experience based knowledge i fear you will get little help here.......Sorry!

Cheers Ross

You shouldn't be sorry- it is something already.
Thank you for advise. I will have to look for someone with D11 and try to swap modules.

Thanks again :-)

Try searching this exact text in Google (without the square brackets)

["Dialog 11" site:practicalmachinist.com]

PM's owner "Milacron" has a lot of experience recovering from Dialog 11 troubles. Perhaps he will chime in. I would check the batteries and wiggle board and chip connectors to start. Watch out for static discharge!

Try searching this exact text in Google (without the square brackets)

["Dialog 11" site:practicalmachinist.com]

PM's owner "Milacron" has a lot of experience recovering from Dialog 11 troubles. Perhaps he will chime in. I would check the batteries and wiggle board and chip connectors to start. Watch out for static discharge!

Short reply here to let you know that your post is not being ignored....
Your English is fine and the posted pictures might well be of value...
Here is the issue:
Members that post here, myself included, do not seem to be very familiar with the Dialog11 control or its working issues

Unlike the Dialog4 there seems to be little electronic information regarding the "11".
Seems the general trouble shooting technique is to just swap modules to solve any running problems.
I realize this is of little help , but unless someone pops up with real experience based knowledge i fear you will get little help here.......Sorry!

Cheers Ross

Problem probably was (is) chip connectors as you said. Probably because I've just put out one of cards, checked it carefully and put it in again (done this before and won't help :-/ )and now it's working fine. It seems to be strange but if it works good and everything is looking fine there is pretty loud squeeze from cabinet. Or maybe i m just supersensitive.
Connectors on a board looks fine so if problem is with female nest it could be problem, because it is hard to get there.

Anyway it's ok now so again thanks for helping.

If you haven't already, perhaps the thread here with "dialog 11 fixtra cheksum" in title might have someone tidbits of help.

Do Dialog 11 servos squeal like Dialog 4 servos? Could the squeak sound be normal?
The earlier D11 machines used the same Siemens servos and drive as the D4 Deckels, but later NC models used Bosch AC drives/servos which are very quiet. His being an A model I suspect even if a early 90's machine would still use Siemens stuff.

Milacron could you message me if you get this I have some questions about your Deckel Maho mh800c and your message box is full.

Thanks.

AFAIK, D11 FP-A mills use the same DC-Servos as D4. They also have D4 servo drive electronics in the electrical box and they make high frequency squeal.
Maho DC-Servos are quiet however.

All D11 FP-NC have AC-Servos with the those black Bosch servo drive modules that have shared DC-bus with bosch VFD spindle drive. They are more or less quiet.

Back