What's new
What's new

Aciera F4 Horizontal drawbar

shapeaholic

Stainless
Would anyone be able to post a picture or sketch, and a few dimensions, of an original horizontal drawbar for and F4?
I know I could use a piece of threaded rod, a washer and a nut, but I would like to build one that "at least resembles" an original.

Thanks
Peter

Does your F4 have a reed switch in the overall that interlocks the spindle motor when the drawbar is pushed in to lock? My f5 drawbar is a really complicated two piece deal.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Does your F4 have a reed switch in the overall that interlocks the spindle motor when the drawbar is pushed in to lock? My f5 drawbar is a really complicated two piece deal.

Speaking of which, I finally got around to fixing the drawbar reed switch (mine is more like a normal switch) interlock on my F5 after a near disaster in which I left the spindle lock engaged and started the motor in low gear. There were very bad noises, but no permanent damage. I have done this accidentally before, but the belts would slip. Not that time. I'll post a separate thread when I get a chance.

The F4 does not have an interlock that I am aware of.
I have to take the spindle lock out in the next week or so to clean and Lub so I will confirm this.

Cheers
Peter

The F4 does not have an interlock that I am aware of.
I have to take the spindle lock out in the next week or so to clean and Lub so I will confirm this.

Cheers
Peter
There is no spindle lock interlock on my F4. The F4's spindle lock is practically useless IMHO. It slips too easily. I just throw the machine in low gear and work against the spindle motor inertia when wrenching the drawbars.

Back