What's new

Deckel FP4NC Footprint

toolnuts

Cast Iron
Hi all,

I have been looking at a FP4NC and I was wondering if the control
cabinet could be placed to the left side of the mill, with the cabinet
door opening to the left. Normally the cabinet is placed at the rear,
but this makes for a very deep footprint (136").

The cable conduit would be facing toward the rear of the machine.

Any thoughts or insights would be appreciated.

Stay safe all,

Paul

The electrical cabinet on both of my FP4NC's is positioned to the left side of the machine! Think this is the preferred location....can place the cabinet relatively close to the machine so long as its back enough that
the "X" slide clears the cabinet...
A smart guy move is to make a base for the cabinet that employs casters so that the cabinet can be moved,allowing you to park the cabinet close to a wall or bench and still be able to get into the inside.
Remember that you must have access to both sides of the cabinet.

attachment.php

If you look closely, you can just see the cabinet to the left side of the machine....Top makes a good platform for oter tooling....use mine to support a hardness tester, my Sunnen straight edge (rod checker) and an optical comparitor.

Cheers Ross

toolnuts

One of the first things I did after moving my FP3NC into position was weld up this cart for the control and transformer. I leave mine behind the mill up against a wall. I can roll it if I need to get into the back door. It has worked out very well. Like Ross I keep a few things on top of the cabinet. I have also been thinking of mounting a few tools above the transformer.

Andy

Attachments

• Deckel 005.jpg
    Deckel 005.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 63

Back