What's new
What's new

Deckel FP50CC/T Where is the reference point? It can't find the X one

Vitran

Aluminum
The machine has had 2 faults on the X axis where it says it lost the X reference point. Today it did it again, however when I home the X axis it goes to the emergency limit. I reset that using the Service window with the DIALOG password and move it away, however it does not correct the issue.

I had a CYCLOMETRIC SYSTEM DEFECTIVE: X error once. Following advice, I cleaned the glass scales using glasses cleaner and laboratory cloths on a zip tie inside the glass scales. There was some dirt that came out.

I have since tried to X home to which it goes to the limit. Resetting the PLC does not produce the Cylometric error, but it still goes to the emergency limit.

Where is the limit? Is that dirty? Is there a way to clean it?

I may be forced to remove the X glass scale and fully pull it apart to clean, however I will need to cut the frame to remove it. The FP50CC/T is 1.8m or so in length, so it may be quite hard to remove and clean it.

Any suggestions or help?

I solved this.

I had to drill into the machine to access the screws holding the encoder. I marked with a scribe where the edge of the linear encoder was. I loosened off the screws from the encoder and manually pulled the belt to move the mill to one side so that I could slide the encoder out.

Placing the encoder on the table, I removed one end and slid the encoder head out. Using needle nose pliers I slid out the two rubber guards.

Wearing gloves I got a box of Q-Tips. I then got 99% isopropyl and laboratory cleaner cloth that were in the Uline lens cleaning station. Careful to fold the cloth in four and not touching the cloth where it would touch the encoder, I wrapped it around the Q-Tip and dipped it in the isopropyl. Entering at the far end and sliding the Q-Tip along the glass scale to the open end, I repeated the cleaning process about 20x before I was unable to get a mark on the cloth. Repeating this 3 more times, I then replaced the sealing rubber, the encoder head, the stopper, and the cap to the encoder.

I then replaced the encoder on the mill by loosely putting the encoder back, manually moving it so I could access the screws on both ends of the encoder, then tightened it back into place loosely. I then turned on the mill and homed it towards one end of the encoder. It worked, then I tightened that end a bit harder, moved the mill to the far side, tightened that screw a bit, back home and tightened the encoder more, then finished it off.

Problem solved. Somehow the encoder has an X home signal on it.

Note for if you do not know.
To move the unhomed machine, go to Service and type DIALOG to access the Service window. Go to Tool Changer, then Continue>Continue> then select Release Axis. Use the jog wheel to move the mill away from the emergency limit. Be careful as you could go through the limit with this command active.
If you then turn on the machine before turning off the Release Axis, you will have a hard time using it as the mill will keep that going on. You will have to go back to Service to deactivate the Release Axis command.

Back