What's new
What's new

Deckel gk21

simonsaelaert

Plastic
Hi all,
I bought a deckel gk21 with a 3 phase 230v dahlander motor. My workshop has 3 phase 400v. What s my best option?
Thanks
Simon
52b9da31ab7232268b7e04e683376f59.jpg

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G930F met Tapatalk

I would kind of like to keep the workshop and the original motor...

You could use a 3 phase transformer or a VFD, many VFDs will let you vary the output voltage via programming parameters in the VFD software.

The transformer would likely be the best option if you want to "stay factory", as the Deckel pantographs I have observed use some complicated switching of the motor leads to accomplish different speed ranges. If you opt for a VFD, then it would be best practice to bypass the Deckel speed range switching and control the speed of the motor using the VFD.

You could use a 3 phase transformer or a VFD, many VFDs will let you vary the output voltage via programming parameters in the VFD software.

The transformer would likely be the best option if you want to "stay factory", as the Deckel pantographs I have observed use some complicated switching of the motor leads to accomplish different speed ranges. If you opt for a VFD, then it would be best practice to bypass the Deckel speed range switching and control the speed of the motor using the VFD.
Can you tell what kind of transformer i would need?

Motor is rated 0.37/0.5kW. So you would need a three-phase 400V to 230V transformer with a power rating of at least 500W. Personally I would look for something with a power rating about twice that, say around 1kW. They turn up on German Ebay from time to time at reasonable cost.

What pricerange are we talking? Reasenable for one isnt reasenable for the other maybe... :)

If you bump into one, dont hasitate to forward the link...
My german ist erbamlich...

Thnx in advace.
Simon saelaert

My GK-21 motor is 480 3 phase. My shop has 240 single phase. I had on hand a rotary phase generator that produced 240 3 phase. I used two single phase transformers 240/480 hooked up in a fashion to transform 3 phase to 3 phase. I can not supply a wiring diagram for the connection. A competent electrician or electrical engineer should be able to provide a wiring diagram. My computer engineering son sketched out the wiring diagram and wired the transformers for me in a matter of minutes. I bought the transformers new for a very reasonable price. This type connection derates the transformers.

Back