What's new
What's new

Deckel GK21 parts and setup help

Jsteele75

Plastic
After searching for awhile for a decent priced Deckel GK21 in great shape.. i finally scored one. It just arrived today,but not well. It seems part of the pulley bracket arm is missing,it was there in original pics and crating pics. It caused the unit to bang around in the crate and dented up a lot of parts. I checked the remaining second part of pulley bracket to see if it had snapped off during shipping,but no sign that it was even connected to another piece. If it did pop off during shipping,it is gone since there was no solid piece to bottom of the palate. I am not too concern with chips and dents since i can use some elbow grease,sand everything clean again and paint. I also noticed the light bracket snapped off,i figure i can use some Devcon or JB weld to mend that. However i am very concern with the missing part,and hope there is no damage to spindle it connects to. The machine shop guys i bought it from have been great with communication and want to do right,but we will have to see how that goes Monday. As for now.. can anyone help me locate the rod with parts to connect to pulley and bracket? I also need advice on how to hook up a VFD so i can run this on a standard household outlet? Im looking at a KBAC 24D(good up to 1hp) or KBAC 27D(1.5hp-2hp)Deckel 1.jpgDeckel 2.jpgDeckel 3.jpgDeckel GK21  4.jpgDeckel GK21 5.jpg

After talking with a friend.. it seems i am missing a rod with a "U" shape on one end that slides onto pulley and other end slides into female rod with a spring that fits in between both rods. I also need the clamp that tightens both rods together,supposedly this is how tension is kept on the belt. Any help to find these parts would be much appreciated.

I just purchased a GK-21 but it didn't come with the letter and number templates. Does anyone have a set for a reasonable price?

There are a lot of fonts out there. The most common is probably New Hermes, used frequently in the jewelry industry. Look in EBay. You can set up patterns for the GK-21 using computer generated images and a scroll saw.

Back