What's new
What's new

Deckel indexing head and universal table

MikeLDN

Plastic
Found this locally, from the same seller. Distance for fixing to the machine seems to be 9cm (as on FP1).
Are these Deckel accessories or maybe from some other "Deckel clone" machine?

IT1.jpgIT2.jpgTbl1.jpgTbl2.jpg

Any help appreciated ...

The indexing head is definitely Deckel.

The table looks Deckel as well, but I can't confirm. It is different than the simar table for the FP1. it may be for an FP3 or FP4.

Jacques

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Plus 1 on the table being Maho...
As to the dividing head...looks similar to Deckel , but some details don't agree....Appears to be a plunger at the rear (1st photo) that seems to be for
doing direct indexing....AFAIK Deckel never used such a plunger setup on the dividing heads, but rather a lever that controlled the index pin. Maybe someone can confirm that they have seen such a plunger setup on a known Deckel head.
The lever (Deckel) was fitted into a key shaped slot to allow engaging the pin or locking the pin out. This head setup looks different.

Cheers Ross

Plus 1 on the table being Maho...
As to the dividing head...looks similar to Deckel , but some details don't agree....Appears to be a plunger at the rear (1st photo) that seems to be for
doing direct indexing....AFAIK Deckel never used such a plunger setup on the dividing heads, but rather a lever that controlled the index pin. Maybe someone can confirm that they have seen such a plunger setup on a known Deckel head.
The lever (Deckel) was fitted into a key shaped slot to allow engaging the pin or locking the pin out. This head setup looks different.

Cheers Ross

Plus I can't see the spots on the periphery of the SK40 spindle on the head, hence the chuck mounted on an arbor. But pic is not that good.

Regards,
Thanos

"But if it fits who cares
Peter"

Best advice, makes sense, thx :)

I don't know if there is a way to upload high-res images here, I'm adding few details of dividing head

Tbl4.jpgTbl5.jpgTbl6.jpgTbl7.jpg

Cheers,
Ivan

Thanos:
Deckel did make a Morse spindle Dividing head.....But if that were the case the end would be threaded.

Cheers Ross

Yeap, I know, I happen to have both SK40 and MT4 heads... The thing with this one though is that it's definitely a SK40 but without the dimples for the accessory set screws (at least as far as I can tell from the pics)

Both defenitly not Deckel
But if it fits who cares

Peter

+1 on this (though, arguably, if you have deckel accessories like the centering vise it's nice to be able to just fit them)

BR,
Thanos

Thanos:
Deckel did make a Morse spindle Dividing head.....But if that were the case the end would be threaded.

Cheers Ross

Yeap, I know, I happen to have both SK40 and MT4 heads... The thing with this one though is that it's definitely a SK40 but without the dimples for the accessory set screws (at least as far as I can tell from the pics)

Both defenitly not Deckel
But if it fits who cares

Peter

+1 on this (though, arguably, if you have deckel accessories like the centering vise it's nice to be able to just fit them)

BR,
Thanos

Thank you all, once more.

I bought this indexing head!
It is in decent condition but I wanted to disassemble it anyway, to check and clean. It went straightforward, I've removed the main spindle and "external" parts.
I'm worried with getting the worm gear part.
There is a rubber made gasket (number 1) and I would like to leave it as is, not sure I can find it as spare if it falls apart - must be old.
So, is this mandatory? Can I get out the worm gear (and spindle) some other way? I have added two more images, with parts enumerated, hoping some experience guy will tell me to simply unscrew something or use hammer to knock it out :)

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Cheers,
Ivan

Don't see any images...
There are no rubber parts inside the Deckel dividing head.....no elastermic seals or "O" rings. Just metal parts.
To remove a worm wheel usually one must disengage the worm.
Most worm and wheel setups have a method to adjust the engagement of the worm to the wheel...The usual setup is an eccentric carrier that will move the worm into or
away from engaging the wheel if that housing is rotated....
Often there is a retaining pin or screw that keeps the housing in place once adjusted....Its not unusual for the worm and its housing to be removable as a assembly, but as with all things
unknown, your results may vary....
Cheers Ross

There are no rubber parts inside the Deckel dividing head.....

There are on this one :)

IH4.jpg

I probably have a good clone, it was cheap and fits 100%. I have inspected it, I could see from outside both gears...no signs of excessive usage. I will just clean it, fill with lithium grease and start using.

Thank you Ross

Ok now i can see the images...
Looking at the bottom end of the worm shaft (4) there appears to be a flat head screw in the smaller disc, as well as two holes in its face...guessing the holes are for a pin spanner and the screw is a
lock of some type....Potential adjustment and retention for the worm.....Don't know. Almost think i can see the edges of a fine spline outside the disc....Disc may be engaging the spline and could be moved to change its relationship to the outer housing....appears to be offset (eccentric) Any change in rotation would change the engaged position of the shaft...(adjust backlash)

Looks like your head has a seal for the spindle to keep coolant and grit out of the rear...Might be difficult to remove that seal without killing it.....Decision to clean and lube without further disassembly
sounds like a prudent choice...
Cheers Ross

Just wanted to thank you guys for helping me - everithing went well. :)

Head is in fact pretty good, it was made by TOS (Czech), for FN25 - their version of FP1.

This is image from some web add, complete set for FN25:
attachment.php

Cheers

Back