What's new
What's new

Deckel LK head weight

rickcact

Aluminum
I won 3 of these Deckel LK jig grinding heads. I was going to send my wife to go get them, but I wont send her if they weigh alot.

Anyone know how much they would weigh?

Thanks,
Rick

Not sure of the actual weight but I would consider them a 2 person lift. When I had one I was able get it up on the mill alone but it always felt like I was on the edge of injuring my back.

If they have them crated/palleted together, you'll definitely need a lift of some sort to move them.

Teryk

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Those are not Jig Grinding heads but Jig Boring heads. The Jig Grinding heads were sold with the LK machines (at the auction).

Unless your wife is quite stout I'd leave her out of it. Both types of heads are over 100#s.

How much did that lot sell for? The better (looking) condition head only brought $120 + BP

I have the 2025 grinding head, very similar to the boring heads in the pictures above, and it weighs probably around 60-70kg, thats 140 pounds +/-, I can lift it alone, but it isn't comfortable, most of the weight is in the head, makes it unbalanced - difficult to handle

I once went to get one of these by public transport. Seller told me it was a Deckel fp1 High-speed head (which would have weighed about 20 kilos (45 lbs)?, but it turned out to be one of these. Moving it without any cart was not fun. 20 kg I could have handled, given the distances involved, but if I remember correctly the boring head was something like 60 kilos?

Anybody with the Deckel CD/ Dvd should be able to look up the weight.

My advice: Only if your better half is extremely tenacious. Or if you're very rich and she has nowhere else to go.

Best regards,

Hans

Those boring heads typically sell for 5-800 Euros in Germany. If they are in good shape internally then you got a nice deal. The one of the left has even been fitted with a digital scale!

Thank you all for the help. It looks like I'll be going to go with my wife to pick them up..... Now to figure out what I'm going to do with them.

Now to figure out what I'm going to do with them.

Boost your karma by selling them at reasonable cost to some of the people here.

(I am not saying this out of self-interest, I already own a Deckel precision boring head, plus I live too far away to make transport practical.)

attachment.php

Boost your karma by selling them at reasonable cost to some of the people here.

(I am not saying this in self-interest, I already own a Deckel precision boring head, plus I live too far away to make transport practical.)

I was thinking about that. I’m not even sure what a fair price would be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was thinking about that. I’m not even sure what a fair price would be.

Check that the heads appear to be in reasonable condition (spindles turn smoothly, gears mesh and shift OK). If so ask for $400 each. Drop the price by $50 every few days until they are sold.

. If it is 21XX then these are for the Deckel FP1. If it is 22XX then it is for any other Deckel FP machines such as FP2 and FP3. .

Bruce:
To the best of my knowledge there is no FP1 series "precision Boring Head" hence the need for the rare and expensive FP1 riser that adapts the Precision Boring Head to be able to be used
on an FP1......

Cheers Ross

To the best of my knowledge there is no FP1 series "precision Boring Head" hence the need for the rare and expensive FP1 riser that adapts the Precision Boring Head to be able to be used.

Ross, you're right, thanks for the correction! I've edited my original post above to remove this mis-information.

Here is a picture of the heads. I won all 3 of them. Its not just the head, it also includes the ram part that it attaches to.

1. If you "won" them I guess they were part of a contest and you got them for free ?? (admittedly 25 bucks close enough to free ;) )

2. The always have the ram part attached....would be worthless otherwise.

1. If you "won" them I guess they were part of a contest and you got them for free ?? (admittedly 25 bucks close enough to free ;) )

2. The always have the ram part attached....would be worthless otherwise.

I won them in an auction. I only paid $25 for them. I bid on them very low figuring I would get outbid. I know nothing about them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back