What's new
What's new

Deckel LK Jig borer

Tfrench

Aluminum
I know the LK gets a lot of negative press on here, but I spotted one on facebook marketplace 2 weeks ago (with horrendous pictures and dyslexic write up. My favourite!). For the price I figured even if it turned out to be scrap I'd have a fine boring head, an optical rotary table and a grinding head that could all be used on my FP2. 300 mile round trip and I was back at work for 11am.
Deckel LK jig borer
So far all I've done is get it into the workshop. The bellows all look a bit rough, but it looks like someone took the time to grease some of the surfaces so it may be ok. The seller's father got it in a job lot of machines and didn't know what it was or how to run it so it sat in a corner for years.

20201027_152005
Then I spotted the cabinet in the corner - managed to talk him into selling it. My plan is eventually to fabricate a large cabinet like the FP2 original one that I can keep all the heads and tables in. One day...

centering scope
In amongst all the stuff he'd collected that looked like it was to do with the borer there was a centering scope and a really nice sensitive drilling attachment
sensitive drill
(also one piece of the deckel step riser blocks - no others unfortunately!)

Main goal initially is to get the ways cleaned enough for me to try powering it up and seeing what works. If I'm lucky and it all fires up I'd like to recomission it - not sure how much I'd use it but it's too nice to scrap!

I worked in a shop for 5 years with an LK, I loved that machine! We were doing watch prototype work. That Hensoldt scope is easily the best jig borer scope I've used, sorry Hauser and Sip, it's true. We used to joke that it was a true German machine, you can set your beer on the side tables and the feed dials were like tits at Octoberfest.

Back