What's new
What's new

deckel maho dmu50v peck drill cycle

daffyff

Plastic
Hi all,
I have an old 5-axis deckel maho with millplus v320 control. It's a great machine, and I love it, but I have a lot more experience with Fanuc controllers and its clones.
I have run into some issues with very deep small hole drilling (1/16" diameter 2.5" deep or 40x diameter). I've gotten it to work by throwing every trick I know at it, and one new one I learned last night, but during my trials I noticed something odd about the peck drilling cycle, at least as it defaults. When it rapids back into the cut, it rapids right to the previous depth +/-.0001". In other words:

G0 Z0.1
G1 Z-.1
G0 Z0.1
Z-.1 (instead of Z-.09, like I'm used to in Fanuc)
G1 Z-.3

I'm used to having the rapid retract return to a parameter value above the last cut, and this value can be adjusted in a Fanuc control.
My question to you guys is: is there a parameter like that in MillPlus that the previous owner had changed to 0, or some other way to adjust this?
Thanks,
Shawn

Hi all,
I have an old 5-axis deckel maho with millplus v320 control...

...My question to you guys is: is there a parameter like that in MillPlus that the previous owner had changed to 0, or some other way to adjust this?
Thanks,
Shawn

Hi Shawn,

You can set the value the machine travels to above when you last drilled, try the Y value in the G83 deep drilling cycle. See the following:

Millplus_G83.JPG

Regards,

Dave @ Nerv

Back