What's new
What's new

Deckel ME FP4

BabelFish say: (German to English)
we three can start a German side over cover machines!

needing help here

they (he) wants to start a site in German.
(I think)
Army taught me how to ask directions, order food, etc.
Trying to read the german manuals for my Maho is impossible.

Sam
Ich bein ein Americanisher zoldat
(should say was)

Can one of you sprechen zie Deutchers tell me what this means:
"max. festsetzbarer Weg "

"max. festsetzbarer Weg "

Sure the spelling is right?
Literally it translates to : max. `fix-in-position` travel.
Kinda sounds like maximum travel of a slide while being able to lock it in position.

Maybe a native speaker could chime in.
(I`m from Holland)

Jens:

Ja da könnten wir dann deutsches Bier trinken und unser Deutsch verbessern. Ich bemühe mich auch Hochdeutsch zu schreiben. Des is nämlich anstrengend :D
Wie hieß das so schön in der Baden Württemberg Werbung: "Wir können alles außer Hochdeutsch" :D

Und ganz wichtig wir können original Deckel Anleitungen tauschen

Gruß Stephan

Lets stop annoying the english speakers.
My german comment to Stephan went back to a conversation we had about the lack of a decent german Deckel site with any traffic.
There are german sites, and there are people that know a lot, but traffic on these pages is almost zero.
Why this is so, is not clear to me, but it is regretful.
Along the same lines it is amazing to me that you can go into a huge bookstore and not find ANY technical books or magazines that would be going in the direction of the PracticalMachinist. But you can find 10 magazines on mountainbiking, million dollar jachting, or quilting.
The answer can only be that we are a super small minority of commercially uninteresting fringe consumers.
Maybe the word "consumer" is the problem. We do not.
BTW nice decoy title to this thread.

Martin
wide awake at 4 a.m. and hating jetlag

The only thing I left out was the dimension (.73)

"max. festsetzbarer Weg 18.5"

This is on the side of the Vertical Milling Head.
Only thing that makes sense (because it says max.), is that it's a dimension to make sure the head is bolted up tight and drive lugs aligned??

The english on the same emblem says "maximum way to settle" which doen't make alot of sense.

I wonder if it refers to the maximum you can pull the vertical head away from the Z axis slide (on splined shaft on this machine), before swinging it back for horizontal applications.

Flange is thicker than 3/4 (19mm)--so my idea wasn't correct.
But, this head pulls out more than the 18.5mm; and probably needs to in order to clear.

Looks like you stayed up ALL nite, Martin

I really hate being english limited. Not even the King's English. I lead a sheltered life.
Dobber

The army taught me enough German to get around, barely. That was 30+ years ago.

Where I live "OTM's" are becomming the minority.
I should learn Spanish.
Right now I say I won't;

Back