What's new
What's new

Deckel MPG handwheel...good for D3 ?

Milacron

Administrator
Staff member
As I recall D2 can't use it, but don't all D3, 4 and 11 controls have the input ready to receive it's connector ? Just wondering as I have an extra one I should put on eBay. This one came off a D4 control, works perfectly on a D11 as well, but never tried it on a D3.

You could also simply sell it to me. How much are you asking?
1200 USD, but not sure it's be worth the paperwork hassles to export it. FWIW, it looks very nice... clean, coiled cord not overstretched, still has the Deckel logo on the handwheel...not sure if all the lights on the buttons work though. But if not, just a matter of replacing bulbs...Franz Singer has them.

And I have them :-)

I think that all I need is an invoice. I have an UPS account, they'll do the rest.

Do you accept Paypal? Do you have a picture of the MGP?

Regards,

Torleif.

I think that all I need is an invoice. I have an UPS account, they'll do the rest.

Do you accept Paypal? Do you have a picture of the MGP?

Re Paypal, yes. Email= [email protected]

deckelmpg1.jpg

deckelmpg2.jpg

It's mine now :-)

Thanks Don for being willing to ship it over here. I hope that the UPS paperwork isn't too annoying. As I remember it, it's pretty straight forward.

Regards,

Torleif.

It's mine now :-)

Thanks Don for being willing to ship it over here.
Probably for the best as the used Euro machine tool contingent in this country has gotten so spoiled getting machines for almost free I doubt any of them would have stepped up to the plate anyway.

Well, in a way, we are spoiled over here too. My new friend has just paid less than 2000 USD for a complete FP2NC. Still I'm very happy with the deal, I need the MGP and I think the price is fair. Somtimes it's not so important to get the optimal deal, it better to be happy with getting the problem solved. So keep up the good work, the Deckel owners need enthusiasts like you to keep the machines running.

Yesterday, I had to cut a 4 mil track inside a 12 layer printed circuit board. I had to hit it with a tolerance of 2 mil in 3 dimensions, so I had to find the right spot with a centering microscope and the depth with a stereo microscope. I couldn't simply use a 3D probe as the board wasn't supported very well and it would bend due to the tip pressure. To see, I had to stand on one side of the machine and to operate the machine, I had to stand on the other side, so I dreamed of the MGP.

Regards,

Torleif.

I have a handwheel for a 3M control, will it work on a Dialog? It does not have the C axis button.
Apparently no one knows. Do you know anyone with a D3, 4 or 11 you could try it out on ? Then again I might worry that it would be so different it might short out something on a Dialog ! Most likely not, but even the tiniest possiblity of that is worrisome.

OTOH, if that were the case most likely Deckel would have used different connectors for the 3M version....so I wonder if it would even mate properly with the Dialog MPG input plug ?

Anyhoo, the unit that was the subject of this thread is now on it's way to the country that ranks as having the world's highest level of income equality and the least corruption in the world ;)

I received it today, thanks. UPS must be busy as they invented the worst excuse ever to delay the parcel and to ask me to come to Copenhagen to pick it up or else I would get it after Christmas.

Anyway, this is the small problem. I think I now know why I didn't get the handwheel with the FP2NC in the first place. There is an issue with the control. It doesn't respond correctly to the switches and it moves and stops with an error, when I activate one of the axis. It's as if a ground connection is missing. I have a little debugging to do.

Regards,

Torleif.

I'm not getting anywhere despite the fact that I have spent quite a few hours measuring and guessing about schematic connections. The schematic diagram I have og the NSP53 card is barely readable.

I can see that there are 2 versions of the pendant. Is there anything I should know about DIP switch settings before I start replacing chips?

Regards,

Torleif.

Anyway, this is the small problem. I think I now know why I didn't get the handwheel with the FP2NC in the first place.
Is your control D3 or D4 ? Don't know if it matters but this came off an FP2NC D4 with the latest software and boards a D4 can have. Worked great on the D4 and a D11 I hooked it to, but didn't have a D3 to test it on. But then that was the whole point of this thread....to find out.

Mine is a D4 and also with the latest software as far as I know.

I have started a new thread. As far as I can tell, it's not related to MPG hardware. There may be a setting issue, a hardware issue deeper in the control or a software issue. I wish I had boards to swap with. Are yours for sale?

Regards,

Torleif.

Mine is a D4 and also with the latest software as far as I know.

I have started a new thread. As far as I can tell, it's not related to MPG hardware. There may be a setting issue, a hardware issue deeper in the control or a software issue. I wish I had boards to swap with. Are yours for sale?
The D4 machine this came off of is now in Canada. I left off the MPG in the ads when I sold the machine, as it had handwheels and the MPG seemed redundant. The only boards I have are D2 boards, sorry. Has your connector for the MPG been open and exposed for years or did it have a cover over it ? If open, I wonder about the possibly of microscopic corrosion in the female terminals ?

Problem solved.

I think I had 2 issues.

The one that caused the control to report an error seems to be that the tach's needed cleaning. And the trick that made the MPG respond to the keys was to run the CNC reinitialization procedure. Ok, I'm an electronics hardware designer, so I had to debug the electronics before trying the obvious :-)

So now I the happy owner of a like new Pendant that works like a charm.

Regards,

Torleif.

Back