What's new
What's new

Deckel S20x2 thread adapters

Boat Brat

Aluminum
Hi All,

I'm looking to buy some of the S20x2 to M16 (passably a couple of the 5/8th as well) threaded adapters from Franz. He seems to have 2 main types, a straight body and one with a flange. Dose anyone know what these fit? I'm assuming it depends on what holder you are trying to adapt?
any help would be great, thanks.

Hi, I presume you have already solved this, but I have adapted some MT4 - M16 collets to use with the Deckel vertical head drawbar as original, didn't want to shorten as have some original Deckel collets. Make up MT4 holder and shorten the collet in bandsaw by around 30mm, transfer setup to lathe and face off. Turn up M16 to S20 adapter stud, I left a small flange on mine mainly to grip on while tightening down, used Loctite to hold in place. I have seen photos of ones with no flange, should work just a well as the step between 16 & 20mm provides a shoulder. Alan.

Attachments

• collet1.jpg
    collet1.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 142
  • collet2.jpg
    collet2.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 123
  • adapter.jpg
    adapter.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 126
Hi Thanos, not really the back end is fairly easily worked, front end different story, but the ones I have were probably sourced from China, the Deckel ones, yes are hard on the thread end. Alan.

Hi Thanos, not really the back end is fairly easily worked, front end different story, but the ones I have were probably sourced from China, the Deckel ones, yes are hard on the thread end. Alan.

alright! 👍

If I understood correctly OP machined some 16 mm to S20 adapters (pull studs) to fit his MT4 collets with femail 16 mm thread at the back.
They are custom, so I guess one can design them to be to length, if that's what you're referring to. But I guess even the commercial ones you mentioned could be made to fit that collet if the collet shortening took this into account.

BR,
Thanos

First post he askes which toolholders these adapters fit
He assumes these are for 2 different adapters IIUC
But they can be used both on the toolholders I mentioned

Peter

Hi there Peter,

sorry for wasting your time, for some inexplicable reason I never reached the top, I thought the modified MT4 collets was the first in this thread so I could not relate to your mentioning studs....

BR,
Thanos

Back