What's new
What's new

deckel table feed

johnappleton

Plastic
I have recently acquired an fp1 mk3 machine in excellent condition,but when the vertical lock is released the table sinks under its own weight. Before I start any dismantling can anybody tell me if there is an adjustable braking mechanism in the system. or something obvious that I am not seeing. Thanks, John

On both of my Acieras the table continues downward once set in motion, but they don't take off on their own from rest. The friction is so low, the table weight can back-drive the leadscrew. Tightening the gibs helps some. Also consider using Vactra 4 instead of Vactra 2 for the ways. The increased viscosity helps.

Not sure on your FP1..But Deckel did employ a friction device on some of the later machines to retard the "Z" hand wheel....
My first gen FP2 does not have this feature, but my early FP3 does.....
Consists of a screw with lock nut that applies pressure via a spring ("Belleville"disc spring pack actually) and rubbing block that bears on to the hand wheel shaft.....(Friction)
Different tables have different weight so times you need to compensate by using more or less "snubbing" on the shaft......

Page from FP3 parts manual:

attachment.php

Parts: 2201-2133, 2201-2132 and 2201-2134 Lower center of the photo

Cheers Ross

Ross,

Thanks for that. It would not be hard to implement on the Acieras because the Z handwheel is at the end of a long, hefty, and separate turned housing that could accommodate a spring-loaded plunger coming in from the side.

RKlopp

For what its worth, on my FP3 that snubber is accessible from under the casting that supports the hand wheel....

Further, the FP-NC's also had friction devices on the hand wheels. There the friction is applied via disc springs that are fitted around the hand wheel...right where the hand wheel is fitted to its support bushing.
The friction there is done in line with the shaft putting pressure on a disc that rotates with the hand wheel shaft. Here the tension is adjustable by tightening a threaded disc that bears against the springs...
See below....

attachment.php

Cheers Ross

Back