What's new
What's new

Deckel Zwischenplatte / Riser Plate 2719 for 6017 Rundtisch / rotary table

ballen

Diamond
Deckel Zwischenplatte / Riser Plate 2719 for 6017 Rundtisch / Rotary Table

I'm starting a new thread about the Deckel 2719 000200 and 2719 000300 riser plates. These are intended to lift the model 6017 rotary table off the mounting surface so that the controls don't interfere. The first part number refers to the 12mm T slots and the second part number to the 14mm T slots. I only have the model with 12mm T-slots, so the dimensions below are for that.

attachment.php

Here are photos and dimensions if someone wants to reproduce this from a chunk of cast iron. All dimensions are in mm.

Mass: 22.5kg

Overall 50 x 210 x 490
Work surface 210 x 390

From one edge to center of Tslots:
45, 90, 135, 180

From same edge to mounting holes:
75, 165

Width of mounting holes:
13.5mm

attachment.php

Ear thickness 25mm

Note that for production parts the top would normally have been planed with a series of parallel "hollows". Franz Singer said that my table was probably thrown away when the casting blow-out visible below appeared in the machining. He told me that at the time he worked there, any part that wasn't perfect was tossed into the remelt bin or sent back for rework and never made it out the door. A casting flaw on a visible surface was considered unacceptable.

It makes sense that this table never made it completely through production: the T slots are too narrow, and I got the table from someone in the Munich area -- it was probably plucked from the trash bin. Another sign that it was never finished is that the sharp edges from machining have not been relieved or beveled. Also, the grinding is second-rate. The "chatter" in the finish indicates that the wheel was loaded or was not dressed properly or was out-of-balance. So probably done as a one-off not as part of a production grinding lot.

attachment.php

Bottom is hollowed out 15mm. Since overall thickness is 50mm, and maximum depth of T slots is 21mm, this means that the table is 50-15-21=14mm thick under the T slots.

attachment.php

Bottom dimensions, index slots are 12mm wide, distances are edge to center of slot

attachment.php

T-slot dimensions:
width of narrow part 12H7 = 12.000 to 12.018mm
depth of narrow part 12mm
width of wide part 20.5
depth of wide part (total) 21

attachment.php

Since I don't have a plate with 14mm slots, I can't provide measurements for that. But I have copied two photos of a 14mm plate below. Since they have the same overall size and table size as the 12mm plate, you can take measurements from that, using the overall part size to determine the scale.

attachment.php

attachment.php

If more details are needed, try to let me know quickly so that I can add them to this post via editing rather than putting them farther down in the thread.

Last edited:
Bruce, thanks for taking the time to do the measuring and photography. I will not make an exact copy, since the fp2nc table has 63mm spacing for t-slots instead of the 45mm on the fp2. Why it is 63mm I have no idea, it is quite bizarre.

The only additional dimensions that would help to sort out the puzzle would be how the mounting slots on the adapter relate A) to the rotary table center, and B) to the maximum extension of the vertical head spindle center, for the fp2. I think the fp2 table has 4 slots, so there are two mounting positions for the adapter.

The only additional dimensions that would help to sort out the puzzle would be how the mounting slots on the adapter relate A) to the rotary table center, and B) to the maximum extension of the vertical head spindle center, for the fp2. I think the fp2 table has 4 slots, so there are two mounting positions for the adapter.

I think I've done better than that -- I edited my post to include a top and bottom photo of a raising plate intended to mount on a 14mm table, taken from one of Franz Singer's Ebay adverts.

The slots on the top are no different between the 12mm and 14mm plates, because they are for mounting the 6017 rotary table, which is designed for 12mm slots and spacing. So the only difference is on the bottom of the plate, where the two mounting hole slots are spaced 126mm apart, center-to-center. This means that Deckel were able to use a single casting for both parts, the only difference being how the mounting ears and underside were finished. You should be able to get the hole slot positions on the mounting ears to within a couple of mm just by scaling from that photo, since the overall dimensions of the plate are identical to the one with 12mm slots.

Will that do?

Last edited:
Bruce, that is perfect. Thank you for your help.

Do you have any theory as to why the adapter table is so long, relative to the rotary table mounting ears?

Hi Dave,

I'm glad to help. I've gotten so much useful support from this forum that it's nice to give something back.

Do you have any theory as to why the adapter table is so long, relative to the rotary table mounting ears?

I was wondering about the same thing. Perhaps when I have my own plate functional (right now, the slots are too narrow for standard 12mm T-nuts!) I'll figure out the answer. If I get some shop time this weekend I'll kiss out the slots to 12H7 and try it.

Cheers,
Bruce

Back