What's new
What's new

Dialog 11 FP50CC/T Pressure Monitoring Gear: Position or Belt Tightener Error

Vitran

Aluminum
One problem lead to more problems in rapid succession.
I was machining flats on shafts. Staring the mill, move, stop, rotate shaft, start, move, stop.

I turned on the spindle at 864rpm, it spun up and the hydraulic pump turned on. It stayed on for about 5 seconds before I got an error, 1408: Pressure monitoring: Gear position or belt tightener.

RXiMG43.jpg

The tensioner did not drop during that period, the wheel to tighten the belt on the spindle, and the motor stopped and gave me the error. I also checked that I had oil in the reservoir.

VQYHnq1.jpg

I tried this about 3 times, getting the same error, then thought to drop the RPM to 790, the low gear speed. The motor worked in low gear. I had a lathe that needed tending to and when I returned I got another error, Cyclometric error on the Z axis and loss of position control on the Z axis. I homed Y, X, then when I homed Z it did a rapid motion in the Z axis even with the feed/speed dials to 0 and the turret crashed into the top of the machine* before I hit the power kill button.

I am unsure what is going on with these seemingly independent errors, but I will update what happens. I did have a cyclometric error in the past on the X axis due to debris in the linear encoder, however I find it very odd that a spindle hydraulics error lead to an encoder error to a speed/feed/control error within 10 minutes.

*The shield around the turret has bent out over the years for no good reason and there isn't an easy way to pull it back. When the shield moves all the way to the top it barely slides by the white bar. We have taken to poking the shield with a stick or tool to get it to home in the Z. We are currently installing a bracket to push the shield into the proper position.
Hb8atkK.jpg

The error went away by itself which is concerning.

The guard to prevent the white piece from hitting the top bar went without an issue. It is now together and homed without an issue. Restarting the PLC it moved at a slow rate going to the Z home position.

I still don't know what the pressure monitoring error meant.

I did go into the SERVICE window (DIALOG is the password) and set the hydraulic pump to the various pressures. I went there more to move the machine off of the white bar so I could install it.

So to lay it out in order of what happened to where it is now: pressure error on the spindle => Z position lost error => Z crash into white bar =>PLC reset => Service window to move machine => Service window and testing the various hydraulic pressures => homing machine => spindle working again.

Back