What's new
What's new

Dialog 12

Martin P

Titanium
I was at an interesting company today that seems to buy out company metall shops en bulk and then sell the stuff en bulk to India and Africa. My understanding is that this is the way that the UK sold itself the same way to the same places, but in the 70ies and 80ies.
It was also a bit like I understand HGR to be. Stuff in bulk and by the bucket and obviously not possibly run by experts in everything.
So I was there to pick up something mechanical, but ended up way overspending and I need to go back again next Saturday.
As I was looking around like a cat in a fish market, I saw a pile of stuff, that turned out to be parts from a parted out Deckel FP ????. The answer to my question what it was from was "it was green". I ended up buying a complete control Dialog 12 and the bottom half of the operator panel. I had no use for the monitor, the pendent, the servos, the AC drives and there was destinct cost constriction.
So the Dialog 12 I thought was just a slightly faster Dialog 11.
But there is no NZP card! I found pictures on the net confirming this.
This also seems to indicate that this was a 93/94/95 Deckel Maho machine, probably from the FP4-60/FP5-80 series. Those a turqois though.
Interestingly the SW level is 8.02!
The Dialog 11 ended at 7.07

Does anyone know anything about this?

I am trying to upload control pictures.

Also I read out all the D11 7.07 EPROMs, if anyone needs them. If anyone has them, I am looking to confirm the sps chips from the AT as I have issues there.

IMG_1662.jpgIMG_1664.jpg

Last edited:
Could it be that some Deckel FPX-CCT and FPX-50/60/80/100 don't have Heidenhain linear scales and use cheap encoders only?

Old Dialog3/4 and classic Dialog11 machines all have HH scales, which is good.
But I haven't seen a CCT nor a FP-50/60/80/100 in real life, so I don't know, but no NZP card might be an indication for that. Also this weird servo that has an encoder on it and apparently came from a CCT:
Bosch Servomotor aus Deckel -Maho FP 4 CCT in Baden-Wurttemberg - Kulsheim | eBay Kleinanzeigen

So do they use linear scale and encoder togehter or did Deckel-Maho cheap out later on in 1993-1995 and use encoder feedback only?

Back